Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #11

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Rey Misterio Jr

Tons of guys had big runs with Hogan, but the key was how successful you could be without him. Orndorff's other programs in the company never caught fire, and Rey has had some of the best matches of the past five years since debuting and he's a huge merchandise draw.

Guest Alfdogg

Paul Orndorff

One of the more recognizable heels of the initial boom, drew a lot of money with Hogan in 86. Let's be honest, Rey really hasn't done *that* much since the end of 2002, as up until recently he's pretty much just been farting around with the cruisers after having some great matches with Angle & Benoit.

Of course, having voted Tajiri over Orton I probably look like a hypocrite now.

Paul Orndorff

Tough call really. I think we take for granted what a hot heel Orndorff was in 1986. He probably would have gone further if not for the arm injury, but no one can tell.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Paul Orndorff. I'd go with Rey for the same reasons Loss did, but you can't overlook anyone who did a program with Hogan from 1984 through 1987. Orndorff had amazing heat as a heel both times out, even though the non-sensical pairing with Hogan during his face run should've hurt him.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Rey Mysterio

Rey's a better worker, has been with the company for almost 3 years and is still incredibly over. Orndorff, on the other hand, had a career that seemed to die off after the Hogan feud.

What he said. Outside of the Hogan feud, Orndorff really didn't do much of note, and was gone by 1988. Rey, on the other hand, despite not always getting the push his talents deserve, as always been relatively over, and is far more exciting to boot.

Guest The Man in Blak

Paul Orndorff

Misterio hasn't really contributed anything to the company (his body of work doesn't really even compare with what he had outside of WWF), whereas Orndorff was the main event foil for Hogan early on in the Wrestlemania era.

Guest KingPK

Paul Orndorff, though this is a tough choice.

Was part of the main event of the first Wrestlemania, had some pretty good matches with Hogan in their feud, which was a hotter one than anything Rey's been in (though this upcoming one with Eddie might do it).

Guest teke184

Orndorff.

I hate his guts but the man was 1/2 of one of the best-drawing feuds in WWF history and should have had a cup of coffee as WWF champion.

Rey, as much as I love his work, was never really given a chance to succeed outside of the Smackdown tag-team division.