Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #29

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Kurt Angle

Pains me to vote Angle over Steamboat, but Steamer, while he had a solid career from 1985-88, never reached the heights Angle did, although Angle had the luxury of a McMahon push, something other babyfaces not named Hogan never really had a shot at until Randy Savage in 1988. Steamboat had a bad brief run in 1991 under the silly Dragon gimmick. Really, Steamboat's greatest stuff is the NWA, and while he good stuff in the WWF, in the big picture, Angle had the better career.

Ricky Steamboat

Angle deserves my vote, based on the fact that he's had a bigger impact and more good matches, but I'm voting for Steamboat here just because I still think Angle is wildly overrated. He's good, but he's not one of the greatest of all time, and it's bizarre when people say that. I don't care for Savage/Steamboat, as I could probably think of two dozen WWF matches I liked more, but he's Ricky Steamboat, and voting him over Angle is a statement more than anything.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Kurt Angle

Another one where overall, the loser should get the vote, but with the restrictions involved, it has to go the lesser name.

Guest The Man in Blak

Kurt Angle

Steamboat has the feud with Savage, but Angle's trumps him with memorable feuds against Austin, Benoit, Edge, and Eddy Guerrero. Steamboat's the superior worker, but Angle has the better resume in the time period and is considerably better on the stick as well.

Guest KingPK

Kurt Angle.

Since this is WWF only, Angle has to get the nod. As was previously stated, Steamer's best was in NWA, Savage feud aside.

Kurt Angle

I think the "he's overrated!!" talk has been taken to far, to the point where people are talking as if he's a bad wrestler, which is ridiculous. He has a large number of good TV matches and more than enough very good-great PPV matches to get my vote. If this were based on NWA/WCW/Japan work as well as WWF, I'd vote Steamboat. But it isn't so I'm not.

Guest teke184

Kurt Angle

Steamboat's falling out with Vince McMahon after Wrestlemania 3 killed any chance of long-term success in the company. Vince seemed to take pleasure in screwing around with him in 1991, by dressing him up in a dragon costume.

Angle's never had a match as legendary as Steamboat has, but his body of work over the years outweighs Steamboat's WWF runs.

Guest Some Guy

Angle.

He's had a longer run and is a top guy. Steamboat was an upper mid carder in his first run and then a lower mid carder in his second run.