Pro Wrestling Only

The Ric Flair shoot interview and related stuff thread

Bix

But imagine a single guy going out and trying to style and profile like Ric Flair and bring home a lady at the end of the night. Unless large amounts of alcohol are involved, smoking hurts the dude's chances of scoring.

I don't see in what ways, really. Especially when women smoke as much if not more than guys. Maybe I'm too "european", but I really don't see what the issue is. Hell, I hit mostly on smoking girls at college (pun intended), and back then I was a lot less tolerant with cigarette smoke as I am now.

Anyway, the point being, Flair chewing tobacco really doesn't goes along with the Nature Boy image.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cigarettes are significantly more glamorous than dip. I don't even see how that's arguable. And if you think smoking hurts your chances of picking up a lady at a bar, you must not go out much. If nothing else, going out for a smoke puts you in contact with other smokers, and ladies who smoke are generally looser than ones who don't.

But imagine a single guy going out and trying to style and profile like Ric Flair and bring home a lady at the end of the night. Unless large amounts of alcohol are involved, smoking hurts the dude's chances of scoring.

I don't see in what ways, really. Especially when women smoke as much if not more than guys. Maybe I'm too "european", but I really don't see what the issue is. Hell, I hit mostly on smoking girls at college (pun intended), and back then I was a lot less tolerant with cigarette smoke as I am now.

Anyway, the point being, Flair chewing tobacco really doesn't goes along with the Nature Boy image.

You can't look at it from your perspective. You're a dude. And if you're anything like me or most of the guys I hang around with, there isn't much that will deter us from taking home a girl we have our eye on. A lot of women think smoking is disgusting. For a lot of women, smoking makes you about as un-Nature Boy as you could possibly be. Sure, not all women feel that way, but if you're trying to be the Nature Boy, why would you want to narrow the field of possible conquests?

Flair chewing like a rookie dosn't fit the Nature Boy image, but if he chewed like a normal human being, it'd be just fine. Chewing is a lot more prevelant in non-hick culture than we think. For whatever reason, it's just not embraced by Hollywood or mainstream society like smoking is/was.

Cigarettes are significantly more glamorous than dip. I don't even see how that's arguable. And if you think smoking hurts your chances of picking up a lady at a bar, you must not go out much. If nothing else, going out for a smoke puts you in contact with other smokers, and ladies who smoke are generally looser than ones who don't.

Yeah, nothing says Nature Boy like telling the hot blonde your moving in on to hang tight for a minute while you go outside and fire up a Marlboro Red.

And if you think smoking hurts your chances of picking up a lady at a bar, you must not go out much. If nothing else, going out for a smoke puts you in contact with other smokers,

Indeed. And now that smoking is pretty much forbidden everywhere, the line "I'm going outside for a smoke, you want to join ?" is pretty good to isolate yourself with the girl you're hitting on I guess.

A lot of women think smoking is disgusting.

Well, it's not the experience I have. Like I said, most good looking woman I hit on were smokers. Hell, I'd say 95% of them were smokers when I think of it. And the one I've been with the last 8 year was a smoker when I met her, and remained a smoker for a few years.

Sure, not all women feel that way, but if you're trying to be the Nature Boy, why would you want to narrow the field of possible conquests?

The Nature Boy is a heavy drinker, and that's worse than smoking. Women just want to ride on space mountains, and Ric lighting a cigarette won't make him look worse than Ric drinking all night. Chewing and spitting tobacco on a plastic bottle, well, it's another thing. I know if I was a girl, that would gross me out.

Guest Paul Kersey

So is tobacky HBKs addiction revenge on Flair?

If it weren't for the Buck Zumhofe sleaze thread, this one would be the funniest thing on this board.

A lot of women think smoking is disgusting.

Well, it's not the experience I have. Like I said, most good looking woman I hit on were smokers. Hell, I'd say 95% of them were smokers when I think of it. And the one I've been with the last 8 year was a smoker when I met her, and remained a smoker for a few years.

Sure, not all women feel that way, but if you're trying to be the Nature Boy, why would you want to narrow the field of possible conquests?

The Nature Boy is a heavy drinker, and that's worse than smoking. Women just want to ride on space mountains, and Ric lighting a cigarette won't make him look worse than Ric drinking all night. Chewing and spitting tobacco on a plastic bottle, well, it's another thing. I know if I was a girl, that would gross me out.

What What What?!?! Drinking worse than smoking?!?! Oh dude, I don't know what your idea of a Nature Boy is, but he sounds real lame! If I was a lady, I'd maybe take you to church bingo, but I'd stay far away from Space Mountain.

What What What?!?! Drinking worse than smoking?!?! Oh dude, I don't know what your idea of a Nature Boy is, but he sounds real lame!

I mean as a health and social issue, heavy drinking is way worse.

As far as Ric goes, being the partier that he is, I don't see what the issue would be to see him light a few up between shots of vodka for a bunch of women in line for Space Mountains. That's what I meant.

I've been a recreational smoker for years and most girls don't have an issue with it. Shit, I've seen girls who never smoke take a puff or two because it "looks like fun". There is a stigma that all smokers are killing packs a day, reek of smoke and can't move without coughing, and that isn't reality. I know way more people who have a couple of smokes a day than I do habitual chain smokers.

Chew? 9 out 10 girls will find it to be a disgusting habit. Especially the way Ric was doing it on that shoot interview, drooling tobacco juice and spit all over the place. You think a girl wants that going down on her? In the circles Ric runs in most of them probably do, but in general smoking would be considered far less offensive

And besides, Ric Flair is not Stan Hansen. He's not living the gimmick and it's disappointing.

What's disappointing is that is probably the only area in which Flair isn't living the gimmick, and it's the one where living the gimmick would be (debatably) preferable.

For whatever it's worth, my brother seems to be into the chaw to some degree or another, and the only reason I know this is because he's got the occasional Skoal container around. Other than that, he's undetectable, so there's some anecdotal evidence of CFCW's claims right there.

That said, wrestling is about realism, not reality. "Realistic" perception, as has been noted, is that smoking is classy and cool, and chewing tobacco is gross hillbilly shit. Reality is that smoking and chewing are both popular amongst multiple classes and cultures, are both kinda cool and kinda gross depending on the context, and will both give you cancer. But this is wrestling, so I don't see why a little thing like reality should be an issue.

I'm a woman and I know guys that smoke and I have some cousins that chew. They're both gross. But I'm sure there are women that don't care as well as some that would call one way worse. Just depends, I suppose.

Anyways, it didn't bother me too much but it was surprising from Flair. I remember Dustin Rhodes chewing in his Highspots shoot too and it did seem a lot more natural to see him doing it for some reason.