Pro Wrestling Only

The Ric Flair shoot interview and related stuff thread

Bix

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a thread on people's favorite parts of the Flair shoot at F4W:

When he talks about getting Shawn Michaels (who has suffered from addiction in the past and is desperately trying to change his life around) drunk in England.

Or talking about trying and trying to get William Regal (who has suffered from HORRIBLE addiction, almost ending his life, in the past, and is still struggling to change his life around to this day) to start drinking again.

Or talking about taking John Cena (who never used to drink, trying to maintain a healthy life and not fall for the pitfalls that so many wrestlers have fell into and died from) and making him a big drinker.

Seriously, this shoot rules, but I think Flair is oblivious to how fucked up some of this is. Seriously, who goes up to a guy who suffered from horrible, life-threatening addiction in the past and desperately tries to get them to start drinking and partying again?

Flair thinks drinking alcohol is a manly, normal thing to do and doesnt even consider it a vice. He even says, when asking for permission to chew/spit tobacca, that "it's my only vice". I think in one part of the DVD he actually suggests it's a champions job to prove that not only can he outwrestle the other boys, but to be a true champ he has to outdrink the boys too (thus him feeling the need to teach Cena to be a drinker cause that's what champs do).

Very convoluted thinking.

• 1 month later...

On Bret Hart in WCW:

"He only worked about 5 times. Then he went home 'cause he had a concussion."

Yep, 5 times.

Also, he says that he called WCW on his last night with the WWF about signing Bret and they didn't want him. Yeah, I'm sure they didn't even consider the possibility of picking up the current WWF champion. I'd believe that WCW wasn't willing to pay Bret more than what he was making in WWF, which I'm sure was the case, but Flair makes it sound like they just didn't want him at all, and that's gotta be bullshit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Jim Herd missed the boat. When he wanted to change Flair's gimmick, he should've made him Redneck Flair and teamed him with Dick Murdoch. Tell me that wouldn't have gotten over.

Or heck, give him the Skinner gimmick!

Yes, which totally killed a lot of Flair's aura as this big city champ to me.

For me too. I would have never guessed Flair had this habit. Which is, by all account, a disgusting thing. I was picturing Flair smoking cigars, not acting like Black Bart.

Smoking is far more disgusting than chewing. How is Flair supposed to style and profile and bring home all the ladies when his breath, fingers, hair, clothes, car, house and bedroom all reek of nicotine and smoke?

An experienced dipper can have in a chaw without anyone even knowing it. When finished, just take it out, throw in a piece of gum, and resume styling and profiling.

Smoking is far more disgusting than chewing.

Hum, no. A good looking lady smoking a cigarette can be sexy as hell. I should no, I've been with a smoker (and I never smoked myself). She smoked half a pack of cigarette a day, and she didn't smell like tobacco.

People who do stink tobacco because they smoke two packs a day, well, yeah, it is kinda repulsive to be around them.

A guy chewing tobacco and spitting marroon goo in an empty plastic bottle is way more visually disgusting.

And besides, Ric Flair is not Stan Hansen. He's not living the gimmick and it's disappointing.

The not living the gimmick part I can see because Flair is a terrible chewer. He looks like me when I was 16 and had my first dip. Most of my friends that chew are good at it. You never know they have one in and they don't spit into a bottle. And the chewers I know make a helluva lot more money than the smokers.

Chewing is viewed as more disgusting than smoking only because society for some reason has chosen to glammorize smoking and portray chewers as uneducated rednecks. Sure, a lady smoking on our TV screen might look sexy, but that's because we don't have to go home with her and smell that shit in her house, sheets, clothes, etc.

Chewing is viewed as more disgusting than smoking only because society for some reason has chosen to glammorize smoking and portray chewers as uneducated rednecks.

Don't think it has anything to do with it. Chewing a gum doens't look very good either.

Sure, a lady smoking on our TV screen might look sexy, but that's because we don't have to go home with her and smell that shit in her house, sheets, clothes, etc.

Well, you don't pay attention. I have been with a smoker. I don't smoke, never had. She didn't smell like tobacco smoke. Her appartement didn't either. I didn't mind her smoking around me, even after sex. There are degrees in smoking, and only hardcore smokers really smell bad. Those I couldn't bare.

Now, I do agree chewing has one advantage over smoking, is that it doesn't bother the people around. It's more respectful of the surroundings.

But like Loss said, Flair and chewing just don't mix. Especially the disgusting wya he was doing it during the interview. Now, he might be a shitty chewer for all I know.

Chewing is viewed as more disgusting than smoking only because society for some reason has chosen to glammorize smoking and portray chewers as uneducated rednecks.

Don't think it has anything to do with it. Chewing a gum doens't look very good either.

Sure, a lady smoking on our TV screen might look sexy, but that's because we don't have to go home with her and smell that shit in her house, sheets, clothes, etc.

Well, you don't pay attention. I have been with a smoker. I don't smoke, never had. She didn't smell like tobacco smoke. Her appartement didn't either. I didn't mind her smoking around me, even after sex. There are degrees in smoking, and only hardcore smokers really smell bad. Those I couldn't bare.

Now, I do agree chewing has one advantage over smoking, is that it doesn't bother the people around. It's more respectful of the surroundings.

But like Loss said, Flair and chewing just don't mix. Especially the disgusting wya he was doing it during the interview. Now, he might be a shitty chewer for all I know.

I'm sure you could get used to a smoker and people's tolerance levels are different. But imagine a single guy going out and trying to style and profile like Ric Flair and bring home a lady at the end of the night. Unless large amounts of alcohol are involved, smoking hurts the dude's chances of scoring. Whereas if he was an experienced chewer, the women would never even know he had a nicotine addiction.