Pro Wrestling Only

The Midnight Express & Jim Cornette Scrapbook

Apologies for the short "review" but I’m extremely tired and I’m just about to head out for the weekend. But I’ve just got it and going by first impressions this probably one of the most amazing Wrestling books ever published. The classic photographs are worth the price alone. A real treasure.

Anyone here farther along into it than I am? Thoughts please.

Apologies for the short "review" but I’m extremely tired and I’m just about to head out for the weekend. But I’ve just got it and going by first impressions this probably one of the most amazing Wrestling books ever published. The classic photographs are worth the price alone. A real treasure.

Anyone here farther along into it than I am? Thoughts please.

I ordered it last week and Stacey emailed and said it would be shipping on the 28th...I'm really hoping it's there when I get home for some weekend reading. Glad to hear it's good!

I have a ton of if not most of the wrestling books out there and this is by far one of the best. The amount of information in here is unbelievable. It has every one of their results,dates,what town,gate reciepts and tons of other stuff. As great as the stories are its the pictures that sets this book apart. Has awesome pics from the 70s and early 80s of Eaton, Condrey and Stan Lane before teaming up. Order this book! Its worth every penny and more. You wont be disappointed. A must have for anybody who loves and misses the glory days of 80s territory wrestling.

Great book. The chronology really helps their legacy by putting into perspective how huge they were as draws as soon as they got put in the main event 2 months into their run, boosting the New Orleans gate by 71%, and then breaking records with the Last Stampede run 3 months later.

Finally got my copy the other day. Really loving it so far. I find it a really unique way to tell the story, through the results and anecdotes surrounding key moments. I agree with Busterira, as I usually do, the pics are top notch

Great book. The chronology really helps their legacy by putting into perspective how huge they were as draws as soon as they got put in the main event 2 months into their run, boosting the New Orleans gate by 71%, and then breaking records with the Last Stampede run 3 months later.

I knew this book would be right up your alley with all the Memphis and Mid South stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody think this book could help their WON Hall of Fame candidacy? After reading it, I was really amazed that they weren't in, they would seem to have this locked down for work (WON Tag Team of the Year 3 times, a bunch of matches in the top ten for match of the year balloting from during their run), which was all done independant of Cornette. The book does a great job making a case for them as draws as well. Frankly, it's amazing that they weren't in the first class, as I doubt Cornette would be in without them (how else was he getting in, from booking Smoky Mountain?) so I'm not sure how he can be in and they aren't. The Backlund record book that came out a few years ago seemed to help push him over the hump, so I'd have to think that this should give them the spike they need to get over the top, and might even help rise the tide to get the Rock 'n' Roll in as well.

• 2 months later...

I would think this would help their candidacy. It is an interesting point about Cornette being in and them not being. Probably all part of the argument that they had interchangeable members and only a few year run with each version.

By the way, Cornette was telling people that his next project is going to be a photo book of stuff he took back in the Memphis days so the SMW tribute book rumor isn't happening, at least not next.