Pro Wrestling Only

Jeff Hardy arrested for drug trafficking

Loss

http://thepilot.com/stories/20090911/news/...1jeffhardy.html

From Powell's site:

Recent WWE star Jeff Hardy was jailed on Friday after police searched his home and discovered 262 Vicodin pills, 180 Soma pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, and a residual amount of powder cocaine and items of drug paraphernalia, according to The Pilot website.

Hardy was charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a schedule three controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep a controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. His bail is set at $125,000. To read the full story, visit ThePilot.com.

This part got me:

Powell's POV: Who would have guessed that WWE officials would be breathing a sigh of relief that Hardy is no longer on their active roster? Had this happened a few weeks ago, the company would have been forced to terminate him because it would have been his third Wellness Policy violation.

That's a really oversimplified way to look at it. I doubt WWE's reaction to this is "breathing a sigh of relief". I'm not implying they have done anything wrong here, but people still consider him a WWE star, and any publicity from this will likely link Jeff Hardy and WWE.

Posted Image

http://www.thepilot.com/stories/20090911/n...11hardyboy.html

Professional wrestler Jeff Hardy is in the Moore County jail after being arrested on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills and possession of anabolic steroids.

Hardy of 265 Boys Camp Road, Cameron, was arrested after a search of his residence yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and items of drug paraphernalia, according to a press release.

A joint investigation conducted by officers with the Moore County Sheriff's Office narcotics and select enforcement units and the Fayetteville Police Department led to the arrest.

Vicodin and anabolic steriods are Schedule III substances, while Soma is a non-controlled prescription pill.

Hardy and his brother, Matt, wrestling as the Hardy Boyz, were six-time World Wrestling Entertainment World Tag Team Champion. Individually, Jeff Hardy held the WWE World Champion belt one time and the World Heavyweight Championship twice.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/10566/

The Moore County Sheriff’s Office confirmed with us moments ago that Jeff Nero Hardy was arrested today on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills and possession of anabolic steroids.

During a search officers located and seized approximately 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and items of drug paraphernalia.

Hardy has been charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

At the time of the press release he was being held on $125,000 bond in the Moore County Detention Center.

Yeah...

I'd say they're probably very relieved that it happened now instead of a month ago. They might possibly even come up with some bullshit story about how they let Jeff go because of his Personal Demons or something like that.

And oh yeah, I'm always glad to have yet another example of "everyone in wrestling does steroids, whether they look like it or not".

Well, no matter what, if Jeff Hardy was going to get busted with that amount of drugs, he was going to make WWE look bad regardless of whether he was under contract or not, but at least they will be spared having to write him out of any storylines, for whatever that's worth.

I wonder if CM Punk is going to cut the mother of all Jeff Hardy promos next week - by storyline, he really should, but they might choose to ignore all of this.

He's going to probably catch a distribution charge, but shit, 262 Vikes and 180 somas is like a week's supply of painkillers for a wrestler. This was probably his own stash, or at worst something he was splitting with Matt or another NC wrestler like Helms. Sucks to be him.

I'd say they're probably very relieved that it happened now instead of a month ago.

Relieved by comparison yes, but I would bet their real feelings are some combination of figuring out what the company line will be, mixed in with what is probably ... wait for it ... some genuine concern about his well-being. That doesn't mean the concern about his well being will trump their desire to protect themselves, but I'm sure there are people in the company somewhere who are worried about him.

I wonder if CM Punk is going to cut the mother of all Jeff Hardy promos next week - by storyline, he really should, but they might choose to ignore all of this.

He did mention this last night at the PPV, and not in the most subtle manner either.

On another note, I went to the house show in Ottawa on Saturday. Lots of young fans wearing Jeff Hardy gear. None of them had any clue about his arrest.