Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

khawk20

DVDVR 80s Project
  • Posts

    2584
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by khawk20

  1. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  2. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  3. khawk20

    Ron Starr

    Starr is also working on a book right now, FWIW. No idea where it's at in the process, hopefully near completion with Starr's recent health problems taking hold.
  4. khawk20

    Ron Starr

    Brody vs. Martel? Holy shit, that would have been something to see. I wonder if Brody would have went over and then lost on a DQ or COR to Funk, or if Brody would have lost via DQ or COR to Martel so the Martel-Funk match would have went down as it did anyway? I also wonder if Brody was booked on paper only and never was going to show up, but that's just the cynic in me thinking.
  5. Ok, this is everything I could find from a quick glance at my lists. Ther might be a few more hiding in it that I missed. Mostly we're working with film here although some of it is longer in nature than just clips. There are these from 70's TV that are complete or near-complete: Bockwinkel/Stevens vs. Bastien/Robinson (2/3, AWA TV, 12/20/72) Nick Bockwinkel/Ray Stevens vs. Greg Gagne/Jim Brunzell (Bobby Heenan Debuts as Bock/Stevens manager, 8/10/74 AWA TV) On the whole list below you will see more completed matches from later on in the mid-80's. Some of them might have made the DVDVR set, I can't remember. Crusher/Robinson vs. Bockwinkel/Stevens (Luce Film) Crusher/Wahoo vs. Stevens/Bockwinkel (highlights, Luce film) Wilbur Snyder & Pepper Gomez vs. Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens (Luce Film) Bruiser/Crusher vs. Bockwinkel/Stevens (From Luce’s Blood Arena release) Crusher/Bastien (AWA tag champs) vs. Stevens/Bockwinkel (11/20/71, Luce film) Stevens vs. Dr. X (TV clip), Stevens/Bockwinkel vs. Andre/X (Chicago film circa 1972) Crusher/Bastien vs. Bockwinkel/Stevens highlights (3/72, Luce Film) Crusher/Dusty Rhodes vs. Bockwinkel/Stevens highlights (Luce Film) Bockwinkel/Stevens vs. Bastien/Robinson (2/3, AWA TV, 12/20/72) Bockwinkel/Stevens vs. Bruiser/McDaniel (2/3 falls, 6/9/73, Luce film) Bockwinkel/Stevens vs. Bruiser/Crusher (more Chicago film. There are several matches Available from Chicago between the teams, not all the same. This one is from Luce’s Bloody Battleroyals Comm release) Bockwinkel/Stevens (AWA Tag Champs) vs. Bruiser/Crusher (6/30/73, Chicago film) Bruiser/Crusher vs. Bockwinkel/Stevens (“Human Cage match”, 7/14/73, Luce film) Nick Bockwinkel/Ray Stevens vs. Greg Gagne/Jim Brunzell (Bobby Heenan Debuts as Bock/Stevens manager, 8/10/74 AWA TV) Greg Gagne/Jim Brunzell vs. Bockwinkel/Stevens (Winnipeg, May 1981, #1 contenders match) 5/23/85 Bockwinkel/Stevens vs. The Hennigs 22:58 of 23:12 Winnipeg 4/24/85 Bockwinkel/Stevens vs. The Hennigs 16:30 Complete Winnipeg 6/13/85 Bockwinkel/Stevens vs. Curt Hennig/Greg Gagne 20:00 complete Winnipeg Nick Bockwinkel/Ray Stevens/Bobby Duncum vs.Curt Hennig/Steve O/Buck Zumhofe (1985, either St. Paul or PW USA) Bockwinkel/Stevens/Zbyszko vs. Gagne/Hennig/Hall (St. Paul, 1985)—might be the Super Clash match mislabeled Bockwinkel/Zbyszko/Stevens vs. Hall/Hennig/Gagne (Super Clash I, Chicago 1985) Stevens/Bockwinkel/Gagne vs. Saito/Ninja/Zbyszko (Minneapolis Aud, 1986) Zbyszko/Ninja vs. Stevens/Bockwinkel (Las Vegas TV 1987)
  6. -Badd Company vs. the Rockers in Memphis (on the Rockers in Memphis comp) -Jarrett/Smothers/Travis vs. Badd Co./Carl Fergie (this is on the DVDVR set) -Badd Co. vs. The Bruise Brothers I have a listing for but not sure if it's Memphis or not I don't have the 1987 set but I'm sure there is more of them on it. I'm also not necessarily advocating that they make the list, I don't think the body of work is probably going to be there for that.
  7. I watched the Zbyszko WWF 1980 timeline on Friday. It was ok, but I found Larry's claims that the McMahons were nearly bankrupt because Backlund wasn't drawing to be so ludicrous that it tarnished the rest of the show for me. Seriously, if Backlund was that bad for business he would have lost the championship and someone else would have got the call.
  8. What do you guys think of their Memphis footage?
  9. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  10. Double post, sorry... AWA RULZ!!!!
  11. Got this in the mail from a friend today, from Baron Von Raschke's site....Baron's datebook from June 1978. The notes that Raschke made, where deciferable, are kind of cool: http://baronvonraschke.com/images/
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  13. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  14. Yeah, that's the one where they debut Heenan as their Manager.. They have a match from TV vs. Robinson and Bastien around as well.
  15. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  16. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  17. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  18. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  19. Could subscribe illegally, have waited to do so until more on-demand content I want to see is added. That hasn't happened yet. The Canadian deal isn't offered on my TV as of yet and seems so sucky that if I do get it I'll probably still subscribe to the U.S. version. Since I'm looking for on-demand stuff I haven't seen (like old AWA and Territory TV pre-1984), I don't suspect I'll be subscribing any time soon, and that's OK...I know I'm a niche within a niche in terms of what I'm waiting to see on the network.
  20. I'd have had Verne bring back Jim Brunzell in 1989 to win the AWA title battleroyal, and then set him up vs. Greg around the horn for the title. The twist would be that Brunzell turned heel in the battleroyal, last eliminating Sgt. Slaughter with a roll of coins shot to the jaw to win the title. Many, many great promos from Brunzell's manager DDP about how Brunzell was always getting screwed by the Gagnes would have been fun. Greg would have been the defacto face, but he would have been booed more than cheered quickly. Solution? Turn Greg as well and have Verne spend the rest of the year trying to convince his wayward kids (Greg and Brunzell) that their reformed High Flyer Heel team was a bad idea (Greg could be Brunzell's policeman and do a Heenan role, interfering to save the title for Jim when necessary). Would have been tons more fun than the Team Challenge Series.
  21. There is some. I have a preliminary list but can't C and P it here...I'll send it to work and try to find some time to put it together in the next few weeks. Most of the 70's stuff will be Luce film but there are two or three tv matches off the top of my head.
  22. God, I'm older than the two of you combined.....**sigh**
  23. That's easy....you'll be an AWA fan.
  24. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  25. khawk20

    Adrian Adonis

    The orton/Adonis va. The rockers match is listed. I'm blanking on any others at the moment. There are 3 other matches from 87 on the list as well. There are probably a few more I accidentally omitted.
×
×
  • Create New...