Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

khawk20

DVDVR 80s Project
  • Posts

    2584
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by khawk20

  1. I got mine yesterday. Ditto to the rest, great series and I've enjoyed them all.
  2. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  3. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  4. Heh, maybe they can have Heyman do something sneaky with the contract to make it an old-school WWF-style cage match, where you only win by escaping. You could have Punk win that in a lot of different ways while taking a shit kicking, and without either guy having to be pinned or submit.
  5. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  6. Yeah, quite funny to see Solie as confused as the viewers. I remember seeing him call a women's match on Georgia Wrestling once where he called each woman by the name of the other for the entire match. Ole Anderson finally came out and told Gordon that he was mixing the women up, just as the final pinfall took place. Very lol-zie.
  7. ..then this needs to be your avatar asap:
  8. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  9. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  10. I watch a little UFC, but I don't follow the announcing closely when I do, so I don't know.
  11. Finally watched most of "The Tommy Rich Story" a few nights ago. What year was that produced in? 1988-ish, I'm guessing, since Lawler was the AWA Champ? Pretty interesting stuff, surprised it seems to only have started circulating in the last little while considering how long ago it had to have been made.
  12. i.e. Any time someone applied the Abdominal Stretch without interhooking their own leg around the leg of the guy he was applying it too.
  13. ...but do you know of any specific instances of Monsoon being put in his place with the argument I suggested (which is the point on my end, petty as it is)?
  14. I always waited for someone (probably Jesse, maybe Bockwinkel in his brief run) commentating with Gorilla, upon him going on one of his "He'll never get him like that, he didn't hook the leg!!!" speils, to counter that statement with "Sometimes you make the cover just to gauge how badly hurt your opponent is. You can tell how much he has left in the tank by how forcefully he kicks out. You don't need to hook the leg if you're trying to measure how much your opponent has left." It would have been done in a vein akin to explaining how the dropkick doesn't hurt the thrower when he connects, as opposed to when he missed it. I don't remember it ever happening, though. Something like that...ANY sort of logic-based counter-argument, even once, might have shut down that bit, at least for the rest of that match.
  15. I also guess "Exits" should read "Exists".
  16. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-1970s-Vintage...=item27cb0ac3ea These two match films are "new" as far as I know. Both are matchups that there is no film or video for that I can recall coming across. These are the two cards the matches are from, courtesy of Clawmasters results archive: 7/10/74 Davenport, IA @ John O'Donnell Stadium AWA Tag Team Champions Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens beat Billy Robinson & Geoff Portz Ivan Putski beat Baron Von Raschke Chris Taylor beat Larry Heiniemi Larry Hennig beat Bull Bullinski 12/26/74 Moline, IL @ Wharton Field House Nick Bockwinkel beat Larry Hennig Ivan Putski beat Baron Von Raschke Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell beat Yugo Babich & Boris Breznikoff
  17. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  18. It's his ring name according to the post his picture is in.
  19. I look forward to reading your comments on that match.
  20. Quick question...when was the earliest known use of an earpiece by a referee in a wrestling match? The 90's? Earlier?
  21. Did he appoint the bookers himself? If so, he would get credit for knowing who to put in to be successful (and any associated failings), right?
  22. It was up on the front page of the Observer site the same day he posted it here, Meltzer refrenced it in 1 or 2 of the daily updates as well Unfortunately they made it "Member's Access Only" so you have to have a login to read it there. Glad it's up here for that reason.
  23. Weird this hasn't happened yet on Canadian TV due to the hour delay.
  24. Well illustrated and better than I was going to try and explain.
×
×
  • Create New...