-
Posts
5694 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by kevinmcfl
-
Thank you
-
Mid South adds Italian Stallion, Scott McGhee, Ken Timbs and Steve Lombardi
-
Free Agency is reopen
-
Free Agency is closed as we sort out rosters.
-
YESSSSSS!!!!!! Fuller vs Armstrong in Alabama. I had a feeling this was who the general was but wasn't sure. AWESOME!!!!! Still not sure if Travis is to be trusted. I admit I thought the Rich cousins were in trouble with that stipulation. Plowboy Martinez!!! I need more!!! Ranger Ross needs to get the Flag back!! Really enjoyed reading this after a long day. Just what I needed!!
-
Great job Rain. We have been using Wrestlingdata.com and cagematch as they do list recorded matches. I think with only a few of us as writers, we would be considered the major promotions of the time and we should be looking to take the best. I would prefer to wait until we have actual match statistics from either of these two sites to enter them into Dawn of War but I will listen to majority rules here. According to those sites Tom Brandi is in Dino Casanova isn't in until 1991 Rip Sawyer not in until 1991 Chris Hamrick not in until 1990 Dr. Luther, while it says he debuted in 1988, no matches shown until 1989, would rather wait Steve Gillespie is in
-
Damien Kane is in. DC Drake is in Tony Stetson is in Johnny Grunge is in Both Cagematch and Wrestlingdata have Damien DeMento as starting in 1990 and don't have any matches listed before that. While I do see that wrestlingdata says Balls Mahoney debut in 1987, I see no evidence of matches until 1992 on either website. He would also only be 15 in January 1988. I vote to keep him out until 1992 but will listen to others here.
-
Mid-South Revolution Wrestling Riverside Centroplex Baton Rouge, Louisiana Monday September 26, 1987 Bell Time: 7pm Brian Adams defeats Killer Brooks with a SuperKick Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeats Pork Chop Cash with the German Suplex Mid-South Revolution Tag Team Title Match The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts) with Michael Hayes defeated The Christian Wrestlers Association (Ray “The Crippler” Stevens & The New Spoiler) with Ron Wright as the ref grabbed the arm of The Crippler as he was about to take a swing as Terry Gordy with Wright’s chisel. This distraction was all Gordy needed as he caught Stevens with a knee to the gut and followed it up with a piledriver. The New Spoiler was about to make the save but Michael Hayes had a hold of his leg while he was still on the apron. Ernie Ladd comes out and announces that due to the injuries suffered at the hands of Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt on Saturday’s TV show, Tom Prichard will not be able to participate in tonight’s Gauntlet Match for the Louisiana Title. Ladd then asks Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt to come to the ring. As the duo struts to the ring with a huge smile on their face, the crowd is nearly ready to riot. You can see the debris flying past Hot Stuff Inc. Ernie Ladd: Eddie, you know that I believe that all disputes should be settled in the ring. I am not the type of President to suspend wrestlers for what they do inside of the ring or inside the arena. Eddie Gilbert: And I would like to thank you for that. You completely understand what it is to be a professional wrestler and that sometimes things need just need to be done. I had enough of Tom Prichard thinking he could make eyes with my woman. The crowd is now white hot as Ladd seems to be taking Gilbert’s side. Ernie Ladd: But there is one thing I cannot allow in Mid-South Wrestling and that is for you to put your hands on referees. When you tossed Pee Wee Anderson head-first into the ring post, you gave him a concussion and he needed over 20 stiches to close the gash on his head. Eddie Gilbert: I understand and I do apologize for that. I was just so angry. I lost sight of who my enemy was and I was attacking whoever or whatever was around me. Ernie Ladd: Again, I understand The crowd is about to attack!! Ernie Ladd: Hold on now folks. I was about to say that I am not a man who wants to hear excuses. Eddie Gilbert you are no longer a part of the Gauntlet Match tonight! The crowd is shocked but ecstatic! They are screaming with approval. Eddie Gilbert: Now hold on just a minute. I need to wrestle tonight. Ernie Ladd: I just said you Are Not in The Gauntlet Match Tonight. I never said you weren’t wrestling tonight. Eddie Gilbert: I’m not sure I follow. Ernie Ladd: Eddie, you are wrestling and your match is starting right now! As I said, I believe things in wrestling need to be settled in the ring and you angered a lot of people of Saturday. Here comes your opponent! Michael Hayes is running down the entrance! Gilbert has a look of shock!! GRUDGE MATCH Michael Hayes vs Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt Michael Hayes flies through the ropes and is all over Eddie Gilbert. Missy Hyatt takes off in fear and runs straight back to the locker room. We will never know if Missy was afraid that Michael Hayes would attack her or if she is just afraid that he would kiss her again. Michael Hayes is stomping a mud hole in Eddie Gilbert and the fans are loving it. Rick Steiner and Doug Gilbert are rushing to the ring to save their stablemate, but Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts are right behind them. What we get is Freebird Domination! It seems like Eddie didn’t look and the possible consequences of what might happen after he attacked Tom Prichard but he, Rick Steiner and his brother were lucky to get out of this one alive. While it was a declared a No Contest, it seems Michael Hayes and the Freebirds have begun collecting their revenge on Hot Stuff Inc. SEMI-MAIN EVENT: GAUNTLET MATCH FOR THE LOUISIANA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE Wahoo McDaniel defeats Nord “The Barbarian” by count-out when Colonel Buck Robely accidently hit his own man with a loaded forearm and Nord fell through the ropes and banged his head on the steel barrier. Wahoo McDaniel outlasted “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff is a true No Holds Brawl. Problem for Wahoo is that Ivan clobbered him with the Russian Chain after the match as Wahoo was awaiting his next opponent. Tully Blanchard defeated Wahoo McDaniel with a slingshot suplex. Tully almost took a bloody Wahoo too lightly as he thought after Ivan hit him with the chain, he had an easy win. Wahoo got him in a roll-up but Dark Journey pulled Tully’s leg over the bottom rope. Tully was declared the winner over Blackjack Mulligan when Mulligan never made it to the ring. Later we find out that Mulligan was once again attacked by Jose Estrada and the Cartel. Tully Blanchard defeated Junkyard Dog after Dark Journy sprayed perfume in the eyes of JYD and he staggered backwards into a Slingshot Suplex. Tully Blanchard wins the Gauntlet Match and the Louisiana Heavyweight title. MAIN EVENT: MID-SOUTH REVOLUTION TITLE MATCH Steve “Dr. Death” Williams vs “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff Nikita Koloff defeated Dr. Death by DQ as Wahoo rushed to the ring to stop a double team by Ivan and Nikitia on Dr. Death as the ref was knocked down. Wahoo clobbered Ivan Koloff with the leather strap preventing Ivan from hitting Dr. Death with the Russian Chain. Wahoo then picked up the chain and hit Nikita across the back with it. Problem was that the ref saw this. No big deal as Dr. Death retains the title and the fans left happy as Dr. Death and Wahoo celebrated in the ring while the Russians were left bruised and battered on the arena floor.
-
Mid South Revolution release Rufus R Jones and adds Action Jackson
-
WOW.... Adrian Street is on a roll. Had to win the battle royal to get a title shot and then goes an hour with Flair. Really enjoying the balance in your house shows and the huge main events. This format works to make money anywhere in the country!!
-
Great follow up show to the big one in the Coliseum.. I must disagree with one thing... there can never be a last battle between Rich and Lawler... My favorite feud of all time can never end!!!! Bill Ash and the Honor Roll is a great idea. Love how you built this out of thin air. While I think you are doing Larry Z perfectly, my opinion of him is changing. I found him in real life to be so boring but his monotone style of talking and giant ego are growing on me. Great job!! Keirn vs Ido is great booking. I think Keirn is so underrated as a singles wrestlers and Idol can get anyone over!! Fun read as always.
-
Really fun show as always. Platt and Johnny V. are great together the way you are writing for them. Awesome! Barnes/Fuller and the General- Big angle for Alabama and I love how you opened and closed with it. Gives it the added attention to make it feel even bigger! Johnny & Davey Rich + Travis seems like a perfect angle that works perfectly in Alabama. These three never got huge national attention but work perfect in a place like this. You have built such a great roster for your territory. Hump and the Russians are getting the heat they deserve! While they don't need to win too many house show matches, the heat they get from TV could get all the paying customers foaming at the mouth. Fiesta Garden had me cracking again with Plowboy Martinez and Outhouse Brown! Looking forward to the development of all the great angles in Birmingham.
-
Gordon Solie: Thank you so very, very much indeed to another week of Mid-South Revolution Wrestling. I am Gordon Solie, and it is my pleasure to be coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil’s Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana. We are just two days away from the big gauntlet match in Baton Rouge to crown the next Louisiana Heavyweight Champion. Already, we know that Junkyard Dog, Tully Blanchard, Blackjack Mulligan and Ivan Koloff are involved in that match and now, I would like to bring out Ernie Ladd to announce the last four entrants into the Gauntlet and also to give us a few updates on what is going on here in Mid-South Wrestling. Ernie Ladd: Things just get better and better in Mid-South Wrestling. First, did you hear that interview with Jose Estrada last week! Talk about exciting. I have no idea about half the things he was saying but telling us that he was hired by El Gringo Grande to take out Blackjack Mulligan! Wow. And people around here want me not to give him and the Cartel contracts. Are you out of your mind? This is exactly what wrestling needs. A drama… who is El Gringo Grande? Will the Cartel take out Mulligan? Will El Gringo Grande want them to take out others! This is going to be so exciting. Their all hired! Next… The Gauntlet match won’t be the only title decided on Monday in Baton Rouge. Nikita Koloff, you wanted a rematch against Dr. Death for the Mid-South Title. Well, you got it! As for the tag team titles, The Freebirds will be facing The Christian Wrestler’s Association. Gordon Solie: And as four the Gauntlet Match, who will be the last four entrants into the match… Ernie Ladd: The last four entrants into the Gauntlet Match will be Wahoo McDaniel, Tom Prichard, Eddie Gilbert and Nord “The Barbarian.” Gordon Solie: Very well indeed. That is going to be one heck of fight for the Louisiana Title. Ernie Ladd: Before I go, I heard Blowhard Bill Watts talking about how he is going to be in the business forever and he keeps making money. Well of course you are making money. That’s because you keep stealing from everyone around you. The fight for Louisiana Wrestling is on and I bet you that I will be here a lot longer than you! You talk about having even more ways to make money …. well how about you spend some of it and come see the first pay per view in this region… Halloween Havoc on October 31st in the Louisiana Superdome. Gordon Solie: Wow, it seems like another gauntlet has just been thrown down. Let’s not forget about tonight as we have a great hour instore for you. Tully Blanchard will be taking on JT Southern. The Mid-South tag team champions, the Freebirds will be in action. We will also Rick Steiner in action today as he squares off against newcomer Doug Furnas. Wahoo McDaniel will face Killer Brooks and in our main event, it will be “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff taking on “Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier. That and much, much more. Let’s get to the ring. MATCH Tully Blanchard with Missy Hyatt defeats a game but inexperienced JT Southern with the Sling Shot Suplex Post-Match Interview: Gordon Solie: Tully, you seem to be on a role of late. Tully Blanchard: Of course I’m on a role. Last time I was in this god-for-saken arm pit of the world, I was the NWA World Champion and if not for Bill Watts stealing my title, I would still be the champ. Gordon Solie: Far enough but you are still not without controversy. I mean El Jefe was out here last week claiming his Cartel will do anything for money and Dark Journey was seen giving Woman a briefcase after Barbarian attacked Bill Kazmaier. Could the Cartel just be your new hired guns? Are you the El Gringo Grande that they are talking about. Dark Journey: Enough of this nonsense. Show some respect for the only man in this company to be called World Champion and after this Monday, he will be the Louisiana Heavyweight Champion, a stepping-stone to Dr. Death Steve Williams and the Mid-South title! Dark Journey puts her arm around Tully and the evil duo heads off as Gordon is not convinced that he got an ounce of truth out of that interview. COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX: BATON ROUGE MATCH Rick Steiner vs Doug Furnas For all the fans in TV land, this was their first look at the powerful Doug Furnas and he didn’t disappoint as he gave a great effort but eventually fell just short as Steiner caught him in a German Suplex for the win. The interesting thing was that Missy Hyatt never made it out to the ring to manage Steiner. After Steiner had already gone to the locker room, Missy Hyatt comes out to Solie wearing large sunglasses. Missy Hyatt: (in a very low voice) Gordon, I’d like to talk to Tom Prichard. Gordon Solie: I’m not sure I follow. You’d like to talk to Tom Prichard? Missy slowly takes off her sunglasses revealing a huge black eye. Gordon Solie: Good Lord! What happened to you. Missy Hyatt: Eddie Gilbert did this to me and I need to speak to Tom Prichard right now. Gordon Solie: Ummm, ummm, I just, ummm, I’m at a total loss. Missy Hyatt: I just need to talk to Tom. Gordon Solie: Umm, let’s see. Can anyone see if Tom Prichard is in the building. Again, are you telling me that Eddie Gilbert did this to you. Missy Hyatt: Yes. Eddie thought I was helping Tom and says I wasn’t loyal to him. Eddie went into a jealous rage. He slapped me so hard I fell down and cracked my head on the table. Gordon Solie: Because you didn’t do Eddie’s dirty work last week when he wanted you to hit Tom with a chair, … You paid this kind of price? Missy Hyatt: Yes, Eddie thinks I have been flirting with Tom and he went crazy. Gordon Solie: God, you took an awful blow to the head. Has anyone found Tom Prichard yet? A studio hand comes out and whispers to Gordon that Tom Prichard refuses to come out as he is not responsible for any of this. COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX: BATON ROUGE When we come back from break, Missy Hyatt comes back out and is still begging to see Tom Prichard. Gordon tries to convince here that we have a TV show to run, and our next match is set in the ring. Missy begins to cry and starts to wander to the back to find Tom Prichard. Ernie Ladd comes out and asks her to stay with Gordon during the next match and he will see if Tom Prichard will come out. MATCH: Wahoo McDaniel defeats Killer Brooks in a match that didn’t seem to know there was a rule book for the sport. In the end, Wahoo got the win with a big knee lift. After the bout JYD joins Wahoo with Gordon Solie. Both take turns hyping up the Gauntlet Match this week for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title while also trying to console Missy Hyatt. Both JYD and Wahoo try to convince her that a real man would never lay their hands on a woman and she needs to get away and stay away from Eddie forever. JYD and Wahoo are fuming that someone would do this to a woman. COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX: BATON ROUGE Ernie Ladd has returned with Tom Prichard who addresses Missy Hyatt Tom Prichard: Missy Hyatt, I don’t understand what’s going on here. First you have Gordon Solie send someone to the back looking for me and next thing I know, Ernie Ladd is telling me to come talk to you. It looks to me like you and Hot Stuff got some personal problems lady! And wait just a minute, I told you a long time ago, that you didn’t need to be hanging around with Eddie Gilbert because that guy was nothing more than a jealous hothead. I told you that he would blame you every time he made a mistake. Now, I’m not condoning nothing and you look like you are in pretty bad shape … and I wouldn’t hit a woman cause I think it’s just totally wrong to ever put your hands on a lady …. but Missy Hyatt: Eddie… was… uh… he was. He got me mad. He started saying things… He said I was nothing but a flirt…. The type of girl nobody would ever bring home to Mama. Tom Prichard: Again, not sure what you want me to do. Missy Hyatt: Please Tom. You know what I think of you. You know how much I like you. You know… I…. uh… need you! Tom Prichard: Whoaaa, just because you got a thing for me doesn’t mean I am the type of guy who goes around stealing other people’s girls. You made your bed and now you need to lie in it. Missy Hyatt: Please Tom. Please Tom. I need someone who will protect me. I need someone who will treat me right. I need… you! The two go back and forth and little by little Tom Prichard starts to give in. We all must admit that Missy can be very convincing. In the end, it seems like Missy has convinced Tom to not only help here now but to be her future Knight in shining armor. Missy and Tom begin a long embrace… WHAM… from behind, Eddie Gilbert clobbers Tom Prichard in the back with a chair. Missy Hyatt is jumping up and down laughing the biggest laugh you have seen in a long time. Eddie Gilbert picks up Prichard and throughs him through the big Mid-South cut-out that is behind Gordon Solie. Both Gilbert and Missy Hyatt are kicking away at Prichard. An official rushes out to try and stop it but he is rammed head first into the ring post. Eddie returns with some type of electrically cord and ties it around Gilberts neck and then drags him all across the set with Missy kicking him the entire time. Eventually Gilbert drags Prichard all the way to the ring and starts to hang him over the top rope. Gordon Solie: WE HAVE TO GET SOME HELP DOWN HERE! WE HAVE TO GET SOME HELP! Tom appears that he may have ruptured something in his throat. WE HAVE TO GET SOME HELP! Prichard is in uh, he is in a world of trouble. Oh thank goodness. Here comes JYD and Wahoo McDaniel. They have hit the ring and finally, Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt have running out of here. Those two are the Devil reincarnated. Everyone watches on in horror as Tom is released from his noose as he crumbles to the crowd as he is foaming at the mouth. Eventually, we seem him stretchered out of the arena. The camera spans the audience and we see woman and children both hysterically crying. Gordon Solie: We have to take a break. I’m just sick over what I saw. *** idea stolen from CCW 1988 *** COMMERCIAL BREAK-PROMOS FOR MONDAY @ RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX: BATON ROUGE Gordon Solie: Folks, I’m going to do my best to continue the show but after what I just saw, I am just sick to my stomach. Let’s just get to the ring. MATCH: The Freebirds make quick work of the Mulkey Brothers with the end coming from the Oriental Spike by Gordy on Randy. Post-match interview: Michael Hayes: It’s amazing brother how fast things can change in this world! For the past few weeks, The Freebirds have been the hunted baby! From Colonel Robley and his lost band of thieves to Ron Wright and his group of uglies to Jonathan Boyd and his band of toothless Neanderthals… Everyone wants a piece of the Freebirds and don’t worry, we will take care of each you in due time but now… NOW we bringing BAD STREET ON THE ROAD. EDDIE GILBERT…. WE ARE COMING FOR YOU. Once a Freebird, always a Freebird. What you did to our brother Tom will be revenged… revenged the Freebird way! Both Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy seem to angry to speak and the trio walks off… Gordon Solie: I have known Michael Hayes a long, long time and I admit that I don’t always agree with him, but he just said a mouthful. Revenge is not always my cup of tea but right now I’m looking for a whole pot of it! Let’s get to the ring for our Main Event MAIN EVENT MATCH “The Russian Nightmare” with Ivan Koloff defeats Canadian Strongman Bill Kazmaier with the Russian Sickle. Kazmaier did his best here but seemed just a little off as Solie thought he might be still feeling the ill-effects of the attack by the Barbarian. That being said, this was Nikita at his best! He took all the power moves from Kazmaier and kept responding with big move after big move. In the end, the Sickle took the big man down! Solie kept reminding everyone that the title match this week between Dr. Death and Nikita was going to be a heck of a match. He also reminded everyone that Dr. Death has never defeated Nikita Koloff. The incident with Gilbert and Prichard left the show with little time but it ended with Nikita screaming Steve Williams’s name while he gave the throat-slashing sign. Gordon Solie: Folks, this was one of the most difficult hours I have ever spent on a wrestling show. Please join me in sending prayers to Tom Prichard. Trust me when I saw that he is going to need them. That being said, the show must go on. Make sure to join us in Baton Rouge on Monday night as we will crown a new Louisiana Heavyweight Champion along with seeing title defenses from Dr. Death and the Freebirds. So long from the Pelican State. MONDAY NIGHT IN THE RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX Brian Adams vs Killer Brooks Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt vs Porkchop Cash MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH The Freebirds © vs The Christian Wrestler’s Association GAUNTLET MATCH FOR THE LOUISIANA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE Blackjack Mulligan vs Ivan Koloff vs Eddie Gilbert vs Wahoo McDaniel vs Nord “The Barbarian” vs JYD vs Tom Prichard vs Tully Blanchard MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH “Dr. Death” Steve Williams © vs “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff
-
Well done Rain! I enjoyed the opening bout as both men had something to prove. Could this be the start of a bit of stuggle to see who eventually comes out on top? Like the family feud of the Harts vs the Sawyers-again, we could see a lot if this one down the road. The young talent is coming along nicely and well add to the depth of PCW in 88
-
I like the idea that right now your titles might be secondary to your biggest feud which I believe is Moretti and Micelli. I think in this way you add some level of importance to you upper mid-card and semi-main event matches by including a title in those bouts. This allows you to have 3 or 4 huge matches on every card and sell extra tickets. Nice booking!
-
Big shift of gears this week for the AWA as we move on from the Coliseum to whatever is next. So many new and interesting things have started over the past few weeks. I HATE Greg Gagne and now I hate Mike George. This is a great was to add some energy to the building in the middle of the card. Speaking of Hate and Gagne, I guess I know hate Bruce Hart. Good way to get him some heat in just a few minutes. I also like the changeup of bringing in the Professor. No matter who uses this type of gimmick, they always get heat and I am sure Ash will be the same. I think it was smart to keep Colon and Snuka going. This one still has a lot of juice! The fact that you have kept us all interested in Gerry Morrow every week for months without anyone knowing where he is has been fun and annoying to read each week. WHERE IS HE! Well I guess we will have a clue soon. Great slow play booking. Poor DJ Peterson! Great transition show!
-
Very interesting week here in the NWA... Shock of the year maybe... Hawk passes out to a hold by Street! Nice job. I wonder if there will be more to this one later. Nice job with the newcomers coming in and getting some wins.
-
Awesome event. I think you were the one to bring the Four Corner Tag match to Dawn of War and I enjoyed the newest one here a lot. I had a feeling the Rich cousins were in trouble when Travis came out to offer "moral" support. I must admit that I have tried to copy a lot of how I do shows from you. I enjoy the simple, to the point idea of the matches with the promos, show hosts and chaos being the center of your weekly production. Great to have you back!
-
Jarrett and Eddie G are two of my all-time favorites. Loved the opening match.
-
Finally an answer from Watts! MID-SOUTH is waiting! Murdoch vs Vader is a great feud! The winner will be ready for big things. Enjoyed the promos by Benoit and Embry! Can't wait for the SNAKE
-
Rapides Parrish Coliseum Alexandria, Louisiana Monday September 19, 1987 Bell Time: 7pm Doug Furnas defeats Killer Brooks in the battle of Mid-South newcomers when he was able to survive the dirty tactics of Brooks at hit a big spinebuster. Nord “The Barbarian” with Colonel Buck Robley Ron Wright defeated Rufus “Freight Train” Jones with a face-first powerslam. Anyone who knows anything about Rufus knows he is ready for a fight at any time. This is one fight that Rufus should have not taken again. Nord was just a monster!! Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt defeated JT Southern with the Hot Shot in a pretty one-sided bout. Tom Prichard defeated Moondog Rex with the powerbomb after he ducked under Rex’s attempt to clobber him with the dog bone. While the match was good, it was the entrance that everyone in the arena was talking about. Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt seemed to linger a bit after the match as they strutted around and antagonized the fans. This caused Prichard to be walking out while Gilbert was heading to the locker room. Gilbert and Prichard had a few choice words for each other but when Gilbert caught Missy staring in a flirtatious was at Prichard, Gilbert started yelling at Missy. Prichard had a good chuckle which angered Gilbert more who now was pushing Missy to the locker room. Texas Tornado Match: Crippler Ray Stevens & The New Spoiler with Ron Wright defeated The Spoiler & Baron Von Raschke in another match in this on-going feud. Ron Wright took advantage of the chaos and chiseled Baron which allowed Stevens to hit the Piledriver for the win. Tully Blanchard with Dark Journey defeated “Canadian Strongman” Bill Kazmaier with a roll-up and a grab of the tights in a match where Tully showed ring-experience and smarts is more important that pure power. SEMI-MAIN EVENT: MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts) with Michael Hayes vs The Commonwealth (The Sheepherders) with Lord Jonathan Boyd While there are numerous teams calling for a title shot and a match with the Freebirds, the Commonwealth, their old enemies, got the first shot. This back-and-forth match could have gone either way but ended in a win by Count-out for the Sheepherders when Ron Wright’s Christian Wrestlers Association tried to get their ounce of revenge on Michael Hayes and attacked him outside the ring causing the other Freebirds to rush to his aid. MAIN EVENT: TRIPLE DOG COLLAR MATCH JYD, Wahoo McDaniel & “Dr. Death” Steve Williams vs Ivan & Nikita Koloff & Vlad Petrov It is possible that Tod Gordon, the founder of ECW, was in the audience tonight as the violence of this match seemed like a precursor to what came out of Philly in a few years. All 6 man were bloodied about two minutes into the match and the momentum changes came fast and furious. As soon as someone went down, it led to a numbers advantage somewhere. The end came when Dr. Death ducked under a limbo stick of Chains held by Ivan and Vald and then, after catapulting off the ropes, Williams caught the duo in a chain-filled clothesline. Now the fan favorites were able to finish off Nikita in a 3-1 attack and then drag the Russians around to all four corners of the ring.
-
Can't wait for the big one in Birmingham! Al Madril is back... That is going to be an awesome addition to Dawn of War. Boni Blackstone is also a nice addition... Surprised we have not seen more use of her in our game. Mike Jackson, The Rich's, Mr. Olympia, Cooley, Fuller etc.... you have made this the perfect Twin States Wrestling roster in no time at all. The credits are adding an extra laugh to your show... Suitable Suits of Dothan!! lol Glad your back brother.
-
He is in. I will add him