Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

El-P

Members
  • Posts

    18681
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by El-P

  1. It's nothing new. Everybody knows that. She already would have been signed by this point by either company. Bullshit "news" sites with totally fake "exclusives". The greatest cursed talent of her generation really, she's an awesome pro-wrestler.
  2. The answer is probably Dennis Rodman vs Randy Savage.
  3. Not only that, but when it comes down to it, the company is called All Elite Wrestling. And the Elite was always Omega & the Bucks. Omega was the one guy Tony wanted to build his company around with Jericho (because of the Tokyo Dome match) and CM Punk. The vision of the company was always gonna be the one of the Elite, no matter how good Cody's stuff could be (3 vs 1). And it was really good at first *as long as the Elite did not push themselves at the top of the cards*. But Cody arguably peaked with the Dustin match, although he was essential getting over Darby and then Brodie Lee (both of which carried the TNT title, which he made important) and has been willingly killed to get over Malakai Black. But there has absolutely been a disconnect during the pandemic, while the Elite finally pushed themselves at the top of the card, finally, and that's when the company got more and more hype after a period of relative cool down. A lot of people apparently did not see it coming, but from watching them in NJPW, I had zero doubt once Omega & the Bucks would position themselves at the top, that's when shit was gonna really pick up, and it did (with the help of the forbidden door opening, which brought Callis into the fold, cool interpromotional matches on TV and other exciting things to look forward too). That's when Cody really went off into other ventures, and everyone here remember the hot debates about the Real TV show which does not fit the image of the promotion (why am I not surprised if the add has been booed by this crowd?) Honestly I do think that if all this leads to a Cody heel turn and we really get the evil douchebag Cody with bitchy Brandi at his side like in 2017 or so, it could be pretty awesome. But it could also lead to Cody just slowly vanishing out of the picture (especially if the other ventures end up successful), which would be a bittersweet conclusion to the story.
  4. Most likely from Nick Khan: "Oh by the way, you're fired, but you keep you shares of course. So you'll be kinda like, our Dixie Carter." Life is strange, people.
  5. OMG. Omega vs Ospreay of course. It has to happen. Wrestle Kingdom, the return of the Cleaner to the land that made him the GOAT. OF COURSE ! DO IT ! As far as Cody goes, he was too busy doing stuff like having a baby gender reveal, talking about how the USA are the greatest country in the world and shooting a reality TV show. No time to take part in the hottest thing in pro-wrestling in the last 25 years and the most compelling long term angle ever.
  6. Also, roids are bad for the heart.
  7. Yeah, no shit !
  8. He's the look alike of French singer Pascal Obispo. That alone makes him a no-no.
  9. I thought about the same thing ! It's like we need some sort of downer to be able to sleep again after All Out. Who betta than Corbin ?
  10. Hager *is* part of AEW, so it's easy to gauge if whatever he did there was positive or negative. And really, from his history in the Inner Circle, although I'm not a Hager fan at all, I even tend to dislike him and wasn't happy about him getting signed, he was nothing but a positive element of the roster for the first year and a half. He has been part of major angles with the Inner Circle and was good in them, as he was good in the enforcer/bodyguard role. He was never part of something that sucked, unless you really want to bash that Wardlow MMA match (which wasn't any good as a match to me but was also a success in the ratings, so there). He was part of some of the most memorable matches in the promotion : Stadium Stampede, the Wargame stuff, and was pretty decent in those and certainly did not drag them down. He had some pretty funny vignettes with his wife leading to his match with Mox (which again was not that good to me, but it's not like it was deemed a miserable failure of anything). If you balance negative/positive when you look at Hager's career in AEW, it's obviously a positive one thus far. Now, we have established that a guy like Corbin would get go-away heat from the AEW audience, especially now. Would Hager get go-away heat if he was signed right now coming off let's say his latest MLW stint ? At best I believe it would be received by indifference. But the situation is, one has had a positive (if minor in the grand scheme of things) output in the company while the other one would probably be straight rejected. So there, it's easy to establish that Hager, signed when he was and booked the way he was, was a much better get than Baron Corbin would be if he jumped now.
  11. No, not really (IMPACT is deeply rooted in indy wrestling and its TNA heritage, of course WWE firing shitloads of people makes it a good place for them to work now too), but whatever. The fact is Morrissey still sucks. He's been a total miss, he hasn't redeemed himself at all, he hasn't improved at all and he's a weekly lowlight of the show. Oh, you weren't talking about Cass ? And no, I'm not gonna watch WWE backstage stuff with Baron Corbin (which is pretty much an idea of pro-wrestling hell for me, and yes, I'm aware of his new character) when I have barely enough time to watch stuff I actually care for and enjoy without burning out.
  12. Nope. His stint in TNA was like 15 years ago and if anything he was seen as an oversold upper-midcard WWE guy. He never got the great star reactions in AEW. The biggest one is when he won the IMPACT title on Dynamite, that was a legit big time pop, because Omega had not been beaten for ever. But despite that win (which was tainted because of the use of a chair, which was smart to protect Omega), it's obvious Cage was a "weak" main event (which actually was both smart and pretty cool, because they could allow themselves to book Christian in that spot considering what they had in their hands ie Danielson debuting, thus trying to establish him as a legit main eventer and also giving this guy a great main event he really never got in WWE). Rey Fénix & Jungle Boy got much bigger reactions wrestling against Omega on Dynamite earlier in the year.
  13. Oh, ok ! Misunderstanding on my part right there. It's funny, I really like him a lot, but at the same time I can see why some people would not. Not sure exactly why though, I can't put my fingers on it. He's only 24, so obviously he's got a lot of time to improve his game too.
  14. Minoru Suzuki and Mox are gonna beat the ever-loving shit out of each others. Case closed. All the other guy don't even need to show up. But they will, and Adam Cole will make Triple H cry again.
  15. This. And yeah, Jinder was actually another guy I was thinking about when talking about Corbin. Hell, Christian Cage's announcement hurt AEW's trust at that very moment, because it had been oversold. And as showed by the lack of heat at All Out, it's obvious that despite the obvious tremendous respect and love the fans have for him, they don't see him at Omega's level. And that's a guy who had the great rep and two "big fish in small ponds" stint in TNA and WWECW, which differs from just being a plain WWE guy. Gotta read the room.
  16. You brought up the thing about him being blame for the product being stale, not me. I just pointed at that Corbin *is* a dull, boring worker. Corbin himself, not "the character Corbin". I really don't remember nor care what was the talk back then. Then again, if WWE booked a dull and boring guy on purpose thinking it would be "legit heat", then it's really stupid. It worked with Foley in ECW because 1/ Foley was a cult hero to begin with and 2/ there was a meta aspect to it. And really now, I've seen some of King Corbin's stuff, he was just as dull and boring to me. You're out to lunch on that one. MJF is an all-time great promo and already a super solid worker, as showed by his match with Jungle Boy a few months ago which was terrific.
  17. Who talks about blaming a stale product on a single wrestler ? What ? I'm strictly talking about Baron Corbin as a worker. He's average in every sense of the word,that's pretty much it. He doesn't bring jackshit to the table in term of what a hardcore, state-of-the-art working promotion like AEW asks. Hell, he's boring and dull *for WWE's style*. It's not like there aren't great workers and great matches happening in WWE, and I'm speaking only main roster.
  18. It was Corbin himself. He was uninteresting both as a character and as a worker. Pushing him was yet another tone deaf decision by WWE booking, because no one was giving a shit. I know he got some love for improving in the ring, but the last time I checked, he was still a dull, boring worker with no charisma. Now if you add the overexposure because he's been doing it for years and years, it makes things even worse, but no one is gonna convince me that Baron Corbin was ever a good worker or an interesting character in any way shape or form. To me he's this generation's Randy Orton, only lesser in every aspect. No one wants to see a guy like this in AEW. I honestly fail to see what he is bringing to the table. He's not a good promo, he's not charismatic, he's average and dull in the ring. AEW has already way too much talent. It's neither here nor there since Corbin is probably a lifer, although I guess Bray Wyatt was supposed to be also, so... (but for all his faults, and although I don't need him in AEW *at all*, I at least can see the appeal).
  19. If it's in character, no indeed, because the dynamic is fun. Like Foley turning anti-hardcore in ECW. If it's in actuality, yes, it's terrible and should never be done. It's not "legit heat", it's go-the-fuck-away heat.
  20. Yeah, I'm sure of it. It took a while for me to adjust and get cleaned off a whole lot of pre-conceived notions, even when I saw that GOAT match (back then) between him and Naito (it was G1 16 I believe) I wasn't sold on Omega (aka I was resisting mostly because of confirmation biases). By the time the third Okada match happened, it was done, I was in synch. He only has piled up more and more all-time greatness since then. Ah ah you don't say ! The way things are going in term of how great wrestling has become in the last decade and how my reflexions have evolved (and keep on evolving), my top 10 in 2026 would give a bunch of people PTSD, considering what I still read on regular basis around here.
  21. There's a huge difference though. Mox was a cult favorite from the indies before he join WWE. And he was part of the hottest act in the company in the early 10's. Baron Corbin was a boring goon from day 1 in NXT and has always been a boring dull-ass uncharismatic worker who had go-away heat for the longest time. All of these guys would fit in AEW probably, but I do agree a stint in IMPACT or ROH to recharge their batteries and clean off the bad taste would help, especially for a guy like Tozawa. Ricochet had so much hype before he join WWE that he could show up in AEW tomorrow and be shot right up into the TNT title scene though. He legit looked like a can't-miss in LU (although he was upstaged there by Fénix already) and of course, well... Is Gran Metalik still employed ? Talk about a guy who's career has been killed dead by joined the E. Mascara Dorada was so awesome... Both Kevin Steen & El Generico in AEW would rule so hard.
  22. It's way early to write off Andrade. How many matches has he even worked yet ? It took months for Miro to find his footing and the right formula. The issue with Andrade is more social media signs of douchebagery and wide ego while he really has not looked like the guy who had maybe the greatest WWE match ever in NXT. I guess he wants to talk, and that's how you progress too. But yeah, it's been a bit awkward. At least they got him away from Vickie quick enough and Chavo is pretty cool. But the real test will be the PAC match. If he delivers a killer match, it will eases things up. If he doesn't, against fucking PAC, well, it's gonna get more difficult.
  23. This board was *way* behind the times in 2016 (and that includes me BTW, I did not get Omega nor the Bucks at all while if I voted now Omega would get #1 or 2 and both the Bucks are easy top 20 as they would be #1 tag team by a wide margin).
  24. NOOOOO !!!!!! Leave my beloved promotions alone people ! Don't fantasy book your shitty WWE guys in it ! I already have to deal with completely shitty W. Morrissey matches ! Hager > Corbin. Faint praise, I know. Corbin is the ultimate WWE-lite go-away heat guy. Plus Hager did not come straight from WWE when he was hired, he had been in LU and MLW before.
  25. Nope. AAA never booked Omega in such matches. If they get Bryan, Konnan will know what to do with him. Now, will AAA fans know or care about Bryan, I honestly don't know, but that's neither here nor there.
×
×
  • Create New...