Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-02-03-ECW-Big Apple Blizzard Blast] Cactus Jack & Mikey Whipwreck vs The Eliminators

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

So I was tempted to use this space to complain about how overpushed Raven was and that he really has no reason to be part of this match/angle at all, but he is, but I'll try instead to talk about the match, which is really more of a backdrop for the Cactus Jack/Mikey Whipwreck split on Cactus's way out. I do like this angle, but the match is just okay.

The post-match with Francine and the Pit Bulls is awesome.

• 2 years later...

Really a boring match with a weird segment with Mikey playing FIP and then the Eliminators just kind of let him tag out for no reason. Totally took me out of the match. All of the post-match stuff was great though, with Francine luring the Eliminators info getting jumped.

Love Cactus’ shirt. Match wasn’t much to see. More of just an angle between Cactus and Mikey. I do like Total Elimination move. They bet the belts off Cactus on his way out. Cactus ain’t pleased with Raven but still takes things out on Mikey. Post match Francine cuts off Saturn’s hair.

• 1 year later...

Cactus displays a "WW F'N F" t-shirt and invites us to Join the New Generation on the back. Fantastic. Mikey is terrific here but the Eliminators, especially Kronus, are pretty clueless. They have some nice spots and Total Elimination is one of the most badass tag finishers ever, but Kronus heaves Mikey with a belly-to-belly right into the corner and stands there picking his nose allowing Mikey to tag out. Pretty anticlimactic hot tag. Mikey refuses to allow Cactus use a broken bottle as a weapon, and the ensuing miscommunication nets the Eliminators the tag titles. Cactus and Raven lay Mikey out afterward, and then Francine suckers the Eliminators into an attack by the Pitbulls. Kronus eats a Superbomb and Saturn gets hanged with a chain, and Francine cuts off his hair as a measure of revenge for her eating a Total Elimination earlier. Angles were pretty good, the match not so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I liked the match a lot more than most. It's not by any means great wrestling, but I thought the angle was integrated into the match in an entertaining way. The drama between Mikey and Cactus was well done and I really liked Mikey's run of offense at the end. The wrestling in the match wasn't much but I enjoyed the total package. Angle at the end was good.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-02-03-ECW-Big Apple Blizzard Blast] Cactus Jack & Mikey Whipwreck vs The Eliminators