Pro Wrestling Only

Indiana man sues WWE...

Log

Indiana man sues WWE.

So, the dude got hurt at Judgement Day 2000 when he was 7. The article doesn't really get into why he's just now filed the lawsuit.

I'm kind of surprised that we don't hear about more of this type of thing. I mean, some of those dives you see in some indies, and the around the arena brawls, seem like lawsuits waiting to happen. Maybe if this guy is successful, there'll be more.

Guest kowking

Indiana man sues WWE.

So, the dude got hurt at Judgement Day 2000 when he was 7. The article doesn't really get into why he's just now filed the lawsuit.

I'm kind of surprised that we don't hear about more of this type of thing. I mean, some of those dives you see in some indies, and the around the arena brawls, seem like lawsuits waiting to happen. Maybe if this guy is successful, there'll be more.

The article does explain it, or at least his reasoning for it.

Also, this lawsuit is bullshit.

The Sandman 2007 suit:

The lawsuit filed against World Wrestling Entertainment and former WWE Superstar, The Sandman, by Karlene Boutwell, who alleged the former WWE wrestler committed assault and battery on her during an August 8, 2006 ECW on Sci Fi taping in Nashville, TN, was settled and dismissed on March 26 in the United States District Court in Nashville.

- The suit was dismissed "with prejudice" according to reports. The plaintiff, Boutwell, was ordered to cover all court costs. The court also noted that quote "all matters have been compromised", which sounds like WWE was able to get the suit thrown out and have Boutwell be ordered to pay costs to prevent any further attempts to get the suit going again.

- Boutwell had been seeking $100,000 in damages where she alleged The Sandman "while bleeding from a self-imposed wound to his head, grabbed her, picked her up, and threw her, not only injuring her back and aggravating pre-existing injuries, but also exposing her to blood and humiliating her." WWE provided footage from the event in previous attempts to get the lawsuit dropped. The footage did not show The Sandman picking up a woman, bleeding on her, and then throwing her.

- The company also stated that since Sandman was an independent contractor for the company, they were not liable for any "attack" on a fan. The lawsuit had been filed in April 2007 and was set to go to trial on November 4.