Pro Wrestling Only

Edge: King of the ****+ main event??

Cox

The Rey matches were pretty good, but probably disappointing relative to Rey Mysterio. The Rumble match had Vickie taking the 619. Rey worked NWO with the torn tricep or bicep or whatever it was (then Show/Maweather happened).

The Taker matches were good. I really love the Undertaker HIAC. It had a cool little story of Taker giving everything back to Edge that he had done to him during the feud, and made for a nice blow off.

The Armageddon match was good, but I don't think it was even that great compared to, say, Cena/HHH/Orton from the same year. It was all about Jeff winning anyway.

He wasn't really even in the Survivor Series one, apart from running in at the end of one of the worst main events in a decade, so that one certainly shouldn't count for him.

I remember literally nothing about Edge vs Hunter or Batista.

He had a good year in 2008 but I wouldn't say his PPV output was all that spectacular. Tonnes of folks have had better years on PPV in recent times.

He did have a great TV match with Matt Hardy in December though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Edge-HHH around ***1/2 - a bit disappointing, actually. Felt like that match should have gone off a bit better. I was actually there for that one, and it just... it didn't have the big match feel when it seemed like it needed to. Maybe that's a strike against Edge.

I think those Undertaker matches are actually a bit underrated because of how many they did - that they were able to keep that feud fresh for that long was amazing, honestly. The payoff with the jilted Vickie bringing back Undertaker for a Hell in a Cell match was hot and a really satisfying payoff to a long angle. Felt like a very WWE version of a Memphis payoff.