Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-06-05-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair & Arn Anderson

Loss

• 2 months later...

Ric Flair (in the days when he was still RIC FLAIR) and Arn Anderson are finally back in the swing of things. Flair does a great promo that you can tell he's been waiting to give for months. He vows revenge on the Blonds for their age cracks. For all the cracks on how Flair has aged, at 44, he looks way younger than your modern WWE headliner.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't forget about Arn. I loved the line "I didn't just fall in a ditch and have someone hend me the belts because they felt sorry for me."

Flair's finally allowed to be Flair here, and the results are glorious. I'm not sure if the stuff about wanting to "take a new role" with ​AFFTG ​was the real intention of that segment or whether Ric was just exercising damage control, but I guess it doesn't matter now, since the show will apparently be gone by the end of June.

I like the idea of Flair and Arn asking for the two out of three fall match; Austin and Pillman think that they're old and decrepit, so what better way to disprove that than by demanding a match that's practically guaranteed to go long?

Another highlight was Arn talking about the Blonds resurrecting the Horsemen almost singlehandedly, making them earn their reputation all over again. Unfortunately, as I've said before, the group is still one member short as far as active wrestlers goes, so I'm not sure how much they can do with that part of the storyline.

I'll forgive Flair's screaming, since he's been holding himself back for months. Tony didn't seem nearly as excited as he should have been for the big news, however. He turns his excitement on and off at the oddest times these days.

Who was Arn's fourth World tag team championship partner? I have Tully, Larry, and Bobby Eaton. He and Ole never won the titles, and he and Flair hadn't yet either. Could he have been counting Tully twice, since they had two separate title reigns?

• GSR changed the title to [1993-06-05-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair & Arn Anderson