Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

The Rock & Rolls were scheduled to face the team of Kevin Sullivan & the Dirty White Boy but the Harris Twins came down to ringside, threw a few chairs about, caused some commotion and had a word with Ron Wright to replace them in the match.

Double dropkick by the Rock & Rolls and then Sullivan interferes spiking Robert Gibson in the back for the title saving DQ. As Sullivan goes to spike Ricky Morton, Steve & Scott Armstrong make the save and clear the ring of the heels.

This was actually a much better match than the tag title change (although sloppy in a couple of spots) and Sullivan seems a much better fit for the Bruise Brothers than Cornette was. Sullivan eased his way into being associated with the twins when Cornette was laid up and out of action, saying that they needed guidance and he would be only too willing to help. (As it transpired this association between Sullivan and the twins only appeared to be for the one TV taping until Cornette was back from selling his injuries).

• 9 months later...

The action here wasn't bad, and it's always nice to see Sully at his craziest. I wonder why Corny didn't keep the Harrises with Sully instead of trying to turn them face. Come to think of it, Sully shows up in ECW with Nancy later in the month, so that could be the answer.

I'm guessing that Corny wasn't planning on turning Tony face just yet, as aligning oneself with Sully even briefly is hardly the act of a paragon of virtue. On a related note, I can't think of two wrestling managers who are more different personality-wise than Kevin Sullivan and Ron Wright.

Caudle was in a bit of an ornery mood to say the least; I don't think I've ever heard him criticize Ricky Morton openly before, even as matter-of-factly as he did it here. Today, of course, everyone would be waiting for Ricky to turn heel and challenge Bob to a match because of it.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-11-SMW-TV] Rock & Roll Express vs Bruise Brothers