Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-11-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: The Shockmaster

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This really kind of makes Sting & Davey Boy look like morons, but as others have said, WCW had no choice. Shockmaster couldn't find the door, so he made his own door. They're trying to reinvent him as sort of an overgrown manchild, which isn't any kind of an improvement but isn't really any worse, either.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This goofball won WarGames? He's half a step above Norman the Lunatic, if even that.

Yes, WCW had a choice. They could have sent Ottman packing back to Vince and found someone else to play the Shockmaster gimmick as they intended it to be played. Unfortunately, he's also the booker's brother-in-law, so that wasn't an option, I guess. Given that, I guess they did the best they could. The shame of it is, Ottman knows how to play a fearsome big guy; he was great as Typhoon, and if it hadn't been for his unfortunate stumble at the Clash he'd have made a fine Shockmaster in the original gimmick. On little things are wrestling careers made and ruined.

I love Tony's wry reaction when Ottman spills the water on him. It fits the situation and character perfectly, almost like Tony was expecting something like that to happen at some point. It played much better than outrage or disgust would have,

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-11-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: The Shockmaster