Pro Wrestling Only

*Early Smackdown Spoiler*

Strummer

Seems like a pretty lackluster pick to me. HHH getting rid of one of the only wrestlers that currently seems to have his number. Conspiracy theorists unite!

To be honest though, Benoit hasn't done a lot for me in a long time. I'm not sad to see him go.

Guest Famous Mortimer

??????

What a horrible decision! I only say that for continuity reasons, since he's been moved to RAW twice and to Smackdown three times now.

I agree completely. What a strange decision.

??????

What a horrible decision! I only say that for continuity reasons, since he's been moved to RAW twice and to Smackdown three times now.

And whenever Benoit is in the Rumble, he always gets a low number.

Guest Cam Chaos

I think that's largely because he's one of the few guys with the fitness level to last in the ring and credibility to the fans to be able to, while at the same time able to put over whoever dumps him by default due to the fact he has won a rumble and is played up as this tenacious fighting competitor.

Guest The Metal Maniac

So basically, Smackdown is entirely pointless, as they DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING WORLD CHAMPION.

I mean, I knew if they wanted to switch the belts, there HAD to be a period of time where one show had both belts, but I thought they'd only let that last like, a week or so. As it stands, I worry they're going to let it go like this until after HHH/Batista and send over the winner.

Like, what the hell is the point of devaluing your own television shows like that? Orlando Jordan is the highest-ranking champ on SD right now. How fucking sad is that?

And who are the top faces now? Rey Mysterio and Booker T? This is absurd; not that I have anything against those guys, but Booker hasn't seemed really main-event in a while, and Rey Rey is fucking tiny. I mean, do they even *think* when they do these sorts of things?

Well apparently Teddy Long is supposed to make a decision about the title in the coming weeks. I don't know if that means the HHH Memorial Hunk of Gold is moving to SD or if they're going to vacate the WWE title and have a tournament.

Guest Dorian

So wait... John Cena has to vacate the WWE title? You give the guy the win at WrestleMania and then he loses it? What a way to further devalue the title and also devalue John Cena! Great plan!

And here I was actually thinking they'd do something smart like move Batista over to SD.

Again, I expect Batista to drop the title to HHH and HHH to go to Smackdown, thus making a champ on each brand again, only having the two champs switch brands. Orton, Christian and Jericho will stick around on RAW and feud with Cena on top while HHH goes to Smackdown and feuds with Misterio and finally gets his PPV win back over Benoit. The only thing I'm not sure what I predict is how Edge's MITB stip will factor into all of this.

If Edge stays on RAW, he will of course use the Mania stip to challenge Cena for the title of that brand (who cares if it is the wrong title! ) and he will be the one to take the title off Cena.

The real loser in all of this is JBL if Trips goes to SD! There is no way in Hell JBL gets to stay strong as a heel if Trips is also a heel.

Guest Cam Chaos

I think Al was being sarcastic.

I know, but there's practical and booking reasons as to why he is usually one of the first ten.

They should have held off on the Cena trade as while it got a pop, as MM has stated, SD's top champion is ORLANDO JORDAN who has been sufficiently squashed by Cena in a bunch of matches to ensure he is viewed as a lesser champ. Actually, thinking about it, the Cruiserweight title is a world title, the US belt is just that, so is Paul London technically SD's best champion?

Guest Some Guy

Cena and HHH would be an even swap because both are/will be champions. If Benoit is going then JBL should be coming to put a top heel on Raw. Theorectically, if HHH goes to SD! with the Big Gold Belt then Edge could jump to challenge him, citing the MiB contract as his reasoning. The only problem is that Cena and JBL has been done, although I suppose, if HBK is healthy he and JBL could be paired off and Cena and Edge could feud.

It makes much more sense for Batista to retain and get switched because it wouldn't upset the face/heel structure on either show. I'd do that and if Benoit is going then Eddy should be coming to Raw for a run at Cena's belt after Cena beats Edge.

I will say that I was shocked when I saw Cena come out and thought that the segment with he and Christian was fucking awesome. That is the money feud at this point. Christian is getting very over despite being a jobber.