Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-11-02-ECW-TV] Madusa and Sensational Sherri

Loss

• 4 months later...

They show clips of an altercation between the two at John Arezzi's Weekend of Champions. Madusa does a terrible promo that makes no sense at all, and Sherri asks if she's finished yet and tells her to make her point, echoing my thoughts. Sherri wakes things up a little bit and gets in a few expletives, but this does feel like two mildly retarded women arguing about nothing in particular. But at the same time, Sherri talks about how she fucked Greg Valentine and he wasn't so bad, and Madusa asks her what she's ever carried other than men's balls in her hand. Most of what they're saying doesn't make sense, but it doesn't really matter. Total trash TV.

wow Deb Miceli was just terrible on the mic. Some of her promos on Nitro from 96/97/99 were just embarrassing.

She was a great second and at times looked incredibly hot but she couldn't cut a promo to save her life

and yeah I guess I was afraid to say it but both of these women often sounded mentally challenged

• 1 year later...

OMG I'm so shocked! This was the most controversial moment in the history of television to date!!

Outside of trash TV has anyone every heard 2 women speaking like this to each other? I know wrestling is a crazy self contained world but this was so retarded.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Madusa and Sherri calmly challenge each other while sitting in chairs in a hotel hallway. I don't know what the fuck Madusa is talking about but Sherri is so not the person to be talking about casting couches and not "respecting the world of women's professional wrestling" or whatever. Sherri takes the mic and sounds completely hammered. Even if the promos themselves were good, which they obviously don't even come close to being, they'd be undermined by the woman who's not talking just sitting there stone-faced and not reacting to anything. Straight out of Jerry Springer, without the energy. Madusa accuses Sherri of talking up her SECTIONAL CREDENTIALS. Bleeps are HARDCORE.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

They could have had something not too embarrassing if they'd stuck to Medusa defending the new era of women's wrestling against Sherri and the rest of the old guard, but this disintegrated into a verbal catfight (and not a very good one) in short order.

I think Sherri mentioned her relationship with the Hammer to establish herself as the heel, but if that was the case she missed badly, because Medusa no-sold it completely. Honestly, I lost hope for this when Medusa said, "If you (Sherri) can challenge your offer, I'll hand you the mic". I'll send a million dollars in Monopoly money to the first poor sucker who can tell me what that was supposed to mean. Sherri had obviously been drinking, but what the hell was Medusa's excuse? She'd been around top promo guys like Rude, Arn, and even Heyman, so she should have been able to master the basics of what a promo was supposed to sound like.

I think they were also trying to establish that Sherri was running from Medusa, which caused her to leave both the AWA and the WWF, but that was another thing that was hopelessly garbled in the mess we saw. The Japanese stuff at the end felt like it was tacked on just to keep the tape going, and the personal insults (what we could hear of them, at least) aren't worth wasting my time on.

I don't know whose idea taping promos in a format like this was, but they should have been fired, whoever they were. If this was an example of how these two would have worked together, it's a blessing that this match never happened.

• 3 months later...

We get the disclaimer from Styles before this starts but I found this offensive in another way. It was awful. The setting was odd as shit and Madusa made zero sense at all and Sherri really didn't have a way to respond. The end result is them yelling at each other with the viewer left perplexed why. 1993 ECW has a lot of bad on it.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-11-02-ECW-TV] Madusa and Sensational Sherri