Pro Wrestling Only

Memorable Fans

Johnny Sorrow

• 2 weeks later...

-ECW's Three Guys of Notoriety always get a mention. But as a side-light to them, I think it was WCW's Halloween Havoc 1992, from Philadelphia, where Straw Hat Guy is sitting next to the WWF's Vladimir. They seem to hit it off and you can see them high-fiving each other and stuff. Just a great "Famous Fan Team-Up".

-I always like to throw out ECW's "Dreadlocks and Vest Guy", from 1995. He usually sat on the right side of the camera-view (to Straw Hat Guy's left), had brown dreadlocks, a vest and was pretty built. He seemed to be a HUGE Eddie Guerrero fan and even shakes Eddie's hand before the final Eddie/Malenko match in ECW. He seemed to disappear after Eddie and Malenko left for WCW.

-I also remember a fan on an episode of Nitro (probably during "Spring Break") walking around with his head cut into a sign that said "I Have Herpes".

-Similar to Portland's "Grandma", during 1980 to 1982, there's an old lady at World Class' Sportaroium who seemed to be given free reign to run around at ringside before and after matches to heckle the heels. I remember her getting into it with Arman Hussein more than once. The old, local, mark-ish "Ringside Rosie" lady is something that seemed to die out once wrestling went national in the mid-80's.

• 9 months later...

There was a fan at the Ottawa RAW after Montreal who yells "beat him up!" quite audibly during a Slaughter/Helmsley altercation at the end of the show. It was the highlight of a pretty bad episode of RAW given the circumstance. Listen for it. Its funny enough given the tension in the building with no Harts there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ddQABuyPgao#t=434s

Shinjiro Ohtani's "Dad".

Oh come on, that dude was clearly Ohtani's dad. Looked and reacted precisely like Mr. Ohtani should. He popped up a bunch of times over many years; not the sort of thing wrestling promotions tend to do with fake family members.

...please don't take THAT from me :( ....