Pro Wrestling Only

Memorable Fans

Johnny Sorrow

Sek69 posted this in the "big thread":

Watching NWA TV on WWE 24/7 and those Four Horsemen fans in the front row who showed up in suits and sunglasses are always great.

And I mentioned

I always loved those guys. There were a similar bunch of guys who'd be at the tapings and cards who were Cornette fans.

Anyone else have any memories of certain fans who you remember fondly? I know the ECW guys will be brought up, and the obvious "fans getting themselves over" complaint that I think is a little silly and paints a wide brush over fans in general. Sure, your indy "aren't we smart" chants are annoying, but stuff like "Where's My Pizza?" at the FBI was funny.

As stated above, I always got a kick out of the Horsemen guys and the Cornette guys. I also LOVED "The Black Nature Boy", (not Scoot Andrews), who was at all the Philly Civic Center shows. He was this brother who wore a robe and just wandered around the Civic Center strutting, doing the four fingers, and yelling "Whooooooooooooo!" at all the shows.

in the mid/late 90s there was this girl who attended a bunch of WWF and ECW cards. She was probably in her late teens/early 20s and had rather longish red hair and always had a camera around her neck. She often went to shows with the short baldish chubby guy who was always on the hard camera on ECW TV. She always used to root for Shane Douglas and Shawn Michaels. Her reaction to Shawn getting pinned by Sid at Survivor Series 96 is classic

Vladimir of course

Roddy Hogan I believe his name is attended a ton of WCW shows during the MNW and has been at a few RAWs

at Backlash 99 a whole row of guys move back and forth in sync with Gangrel's theme music. It's quite awesome.

there was a rather attractive blonde with curly type hair who wore a ton of make up who used to always be shown when Shawn would dance around or make his entrance. I believe he even kissed her once at a show (his girlfriend?) She's shown at IYH 3 versus Jarrett and a few others.

there was an older woman, maybe in her late 40s/early 50s, who attended a lot of WWF shows in the mid 90s who always wore sequin gowns and long gloves. She's near the front at WM 12 and is also at Royal Rumble 95. I always thought that was strange attire for a wrestling show

Rossati sisters

If Roddy Hogan is the guy from Detroit, I saw him at the first Detroit ROH show. Cornette laughed when he saw him and said that he'd been around so long that his Social Security number was 1.

A lot of the fans mentioned above are ones I would mention, especially the kids from Wrestlemania 7 during the Savage and Liz reunion.

One classic fan moments would be when Punk returned to ROH for Unscripted II and OWNED a guy who yelled "You sold out" at him. Punk said he may have sold out but that guy still spent $30 of his parents' hard-earned money to come see him. He then ran him down some more before coming out to shake his hand. The guy went for it and Punk pulled his hand away faking him out, causing the crowd to lose it.

I met Vlad at a ROH show of all places, nice guy. Was Roddy Hogan the guy who dressed up like Hogan at WWF shows, and then showed up in WCW for awhile? Oh, and redhead with a Camera? Was that the chick who was ROH's photographer? Mary something?

Mary-Kate Grosso if I recall rightly. I met her, but have always wondered if she is the one in the ECW crowd. I'm assuming so as they look similar.

At WrestleMania VIII, the first match of my first pay-per-view I'd ever watched, Shawn Michaels vs. Tito Santana, there was this woman who heckled with a very harsh and shrill voice I will never forget. She must have been kicked out or something after that because that was the only time during the whole show I remember hearing that.

Memorable for me anyway:

There was an episode of Power Hour in '89 that had a Sting/Steve Williams vs Terry Funk/Terry Gordy match, and some guy in the crowd kept raising his shirt and patting his belly at the heels. Funk would sell for him like it was really bothering him, which was great.

They did a long taping from that arena, so Crazy Belly Guy appears on '89 NWA TV for a few weeks.

I also remember the front row of ECW fans wildly cheering Hogan's heel turn at Bash at the Beach.

Guest Talon

I remember the guy wearing the old "Bob Backlund WWWF Champion" t-shirt at Raw tapings.

So yeah...he sat in front of me at Wrestlemania XX...totally a nice guy