Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1992-07-04-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Cactus Jack

Cactus is back in the hitman role, being paid to take out Ricky Steamboat. He delivers an intense, creepy, gory promo despite the antiseptic environment. Steamboat vs. Cactus seems like an odd stylistic match-up but I'm intrigued by it anyway.

At least we know why Cactus attacked Steamer. He seems like the perfect mercenary type, and Heyman seems like the kind of person who will pay to have his enemies crippled. I'd still rather see a final blowoff between Steamer and Rude with Steamer winning the US title, but now that there's a reason behind this upcoming feud, it has me intrigued.

I remember Mick using the line about the liver being the lump in a guy's throat before, although I'm not sure if it was against Sting or not. I wouldn't want him to make it a catchphrase, but it gets him over as a psycho effectively. My favorite line out of this promo, though, was "Random acts of violence don't do it for me anymore. Call it maturity."

Cactus is really coming into his own as a promo.  He has this other-ness to him that works and makes him really stand out.