Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-10-03-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler vs The Moondogs (Handicap)

Loss

• 2 months later...

Jeff Jarrett isn't around, and Lee is insisting that they have their match for the tag titles now, so Lawler agrees to fight alone. The Moondogs end up winning the tag titles in a short match. Dundee and Pritchard (He's still here???) make the save when they attack Lawler after the match.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This was a complete fiasco. I can understand Lawler wanting to get clear of the tag titles once and for all, but not this way. Dundee, his go-to tag team partner for so many years, cares enough about him to save him from the Dogs after the match, but not enough to demand to take Jeff's place beforehand and make it happen? Not even close. I can understand guys like Dr. Tom not really wanting to get involved, but Bill, who's been a good friend to both Lawler and Jeff so often over the years, is a different matter.

The Dogs could have still beaten either one of them with the same bone shot they gave Lawler by himself, and maybe Bill going after them would have freshened things up a bit and still allowed Lawler to go back to the singles ranks where he belongs. At least it would have been something different for a while. As it stands now, what could possibly be left for this feud? I'm not sure I want to know the answer, quite frankly.

One good thing came pit of this: Maybe now we won't have to hear Corey whine about Lee quite so much. Seriously, did they have a problem before Lee got into the business? Even JR's potshots at Heyman aren't as grating and obnoxious.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-10-03-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler vs The Moondogs (Handicap)