Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-12-12-WCW-Saturday Night] Up Close w/Rick Rude

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Kinda sad that Rude implies that Madusa blew the doctor to get the X-rays. Couldn't they be less mysoginic ? It worked with Francine because that was the whole character, but Madusa just isn't that kind of character, she's an asskicker, not a whore. Anyway, I really enjoys these interviews with Tony, just gave a more human, non "promo" aspect to the interviews, and Rude really shines here. Like the fact he points out he's been the top contender for a year and still never recieved a title shot. Making sense out of the booking holes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

A fly is crawling on Rude's jacket. Talks about being #1 contender as US Champion for a year and finally getting his shot at the title. Breaks out an x-ray of a damaged shoulder that Simmons has been hiding. Good in theory but Simmons has been booked so poorly as champion, and really hasn't been built that strongly through angles so its tough to get too excited by it at this point. Says he'll give Vader a shot at the title when he wins it. That would've been interesting.

• 2 years later...

I agree with El-P about the Implication that Medusa seduced Simmons' doctor, but the "favor" could just as easily have been money. Not likely, but possible.

After seeing the clip where Rude pinned Simmons, I can't wait to see the whole bout. I agree with Rude about a controversial win being better than a loss, especially when you've waited as long as Rude has for a pay-per-view shot at the World title, (To Loss's point, I think they mean that Rude hasn't received a nationally televised shot at the World title, free or pay.)

It would have been better for Rude if Simmons' injury had been to his neck, which is tailor made for the Rude Awakening. Now Rude has to use arm-based offense against Simmons, which is hardly impossible for him but isn't exactly in his wheelhouse either.

Rude looks older and more weatherbeaten without the mustache. I wonder what possessed him to shave it off.

I missed the faces that Medusa was making at the camera, but as good-looking as she is they can't be that bad.

Rude-Vader would have been something to see, especially giver that Rude and Race have been associating more and more in the past few months. I wonder who the face would have been.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-12-12-WCW-Saturday Night] Up Close w/Rick Rude