Pro Wrestling Only

Talk of the draft

Loss

I was just wondering what you all hope to see accomplished with the last three draft picks to each show, or at least who you predict the defectors will be. At this point, all I can think is that either the person who wins one of the title matches at Vengeance will jump to Smackdown. So, of those guys, who do you think is the biggest possibility?

HHH

Batista

John Cena

Chris Jericho

Christian

There could very well be more than one person from that list jumping, but at least one is jumping. I think we can safely rule Christian out, as far as winning the title, because if they wanted to put him over, Jericho would not have been inserted in the match. The Christian/Cena feud will also probably still have steam after Vengeance, even if Christian takes the fall, so I think he'll stay on RAW. Any predictions on where they might go with Summerslam for Cena? I think the possibility of him facing whoever *doesn't* take the fall in the three-way being who he faces is strong. Jericho is also a longshot, but I've read some speculation that he'll win the title and immediately jump to Smackdown, which would be far too cool to actually happen. Jericho jumping to Smackdown as a heel, however, is the best thing that can happen to his career at this point, because he legitimately stands a chance of being either the top heel or near the top. We may also get the Jericho/Eddy dream team feuding with Rey/RVD. I'm thinking more than likely, Cena retains, and either way, I see him staying on RAW.

I think we can now rule out the Undertaker switching shows, as they seem to be going toward another program with Orton. Taker also has his share of heels he's never done extended feuds with on SD, specifically Eddy Guerrero and possibly Chris Jericho if he jumps.

Some have said Charlie Haas needs to go to RAW. Fuck that. I don't want to see Benjamin feud with Haas; I want to see Benjamin feud with Angle. That's possible now, and it's the feud Shelton needs to shoot him to the top. I'm hoping it's a large part of the reason Angle was moved.

HHH is someone I would have suggested will end up on Smackdown, but that seems to be where they're sending his castaways (Benoit, Orton) and the only fresh feud he'd have on that show would be with Rey Misterio. I'm thinking he'll most likely stay on RAW for that reason, take the title off of Cena sometime this fall, and Cena will win it back at Wrestlemania 22.

That means, most likely, Batista is going to Smackdown. It will be very interesting to see how he fares without HHH around. I also have a feeling Shawn Michaels is going to end up on Smackdown, and Shawn/Eddy is another program that hasn't been done that has appeal. So, I'm thinking the shows end up like this when it's all said and done as their top guys.

RAW

HHH

Cena

Angle

Benjamin

You can do singles and tags off of those four for months, and with Benjamin and Cena in the mix, it at least makes it seem fresh. I also don't think they would be wasting Angle/Batista on RAW next week if they had any plans of keeping Batista on the show.

Smackdown

Michaels

Orton

Jericho

Undertaker

Benoit

Guerrero

Rey

Batista

JBL

Big Show

Smackdown may still end up as the stronger show when it's all said and done.

Guest Some Guy

I don't think that HBK is going to SD!. I'd love to see he and Eddy work together but outside of Eddy, there isn't anything for him on SD!. On Raw he can finish up with Angle, do a face match with Cena, work with Shelton, and a few others. Batista has to go to SD! as champ. They (obviously) need a champ on SD! and if he drops the belt to HHH and stays on Raw, he'll be playing second fiddle to Cena.

This week they have to move two midcarders, if they end up flipping 8 MEers then they haven't accomplished anything besides doing the same feuds with different colored ring ropes.

If HBK went to Smackdown, there's a TON of people that he could wrestle with that aren't named Eddie. Rey Misterio, JBL & Carlito just to name a few. Not to mention Randy Orton is over there now as well. There's no guarantee that HBK would stay a face but, more than likely, he would. So of those listed, only Rey doesn't seem probable.

Hell, he could reteam with Jannetty and randomly feud with MNM.

Guest treble

I think Cena might be traded back to SD after the draft is over. Just based on his interactions with Bischoff since he was drafted.

Guest Dazed

Based on CCC's move last night, I'd expect Flair to move on SmackDown tonight.

SmackDown have three drafts left, which I think are HHH (as champion), Flair (with Hunter) and Jericho.

I expect Jericho because of the Carlito's Cabana segment - now Raw has both that and the Hi-Lite Reel, and SmackDown has nothing similar.

Jericho can't move before Vengeance, though, since he's in a match - although moving him beforehand would improve it - and HHH won't move until after Vengeance.

The pay-per-view matches are "draft-proof", according to the announcement they made. So, they could draft Jericho or someone similar on Smackdown tonight and he could still wrestle on the PPV Sunday. I think HHH is going to stay on RAW actually, so he can feud with Cena. I'd expect Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and Batista to be the final group of guys to jump to Smackdown (in that order) while the final two on RAW next week could possibly be a tag team, since I don't think Smackdown needs to sacrifice anymore main event talent than they already have. Since they're hyping Rey/Eddy being blown off this week on Smackdown in commercials, who knows, maybe Rey will go to RAW as well to line up yet another babyface for HHH.

I thought he'd be going to Smackdown at one point, but him getting the pinfall last night pretty much guarantees that he's staying where he is, losing HIAC to Batista and then probably going right into a feud with Cena. They may be better holding that off though, as Cena needs to be wearing the title when his movie comes out, and Edge still hasn't used his Money In The Bank gimmick.

yeah they want to keep her heel but she can't show up Lita on Raw, so this makes sense. She's either going to feud with the T and A girls or be a valet, I'm betting on the former. More fresh bikini contests I guess. Although if you believe what Trish has said in the past, she likes doing the T and A stuff just as much as wrestling. Don't know if that is a company line or not though. Somehow I don't believe she's telling the truth.

Some have argued that there are no wrestlers for her to face on Smackdown, but it's not like there are any for her to face on RAW. Her heel persona has too much momentum for her to turn face to continue the Lita feud that has run its course anyway. This is a good move, and Trish is a big name, so I can't see anyone being disappointed by it. I have said for months and will say again now that I'd like to see Trish make a pass at Batista if he goes to Smackdown, only for Batista to turn her down, resulting in her getting really peeved and recruiting a group of heels to go after him. She'd have her own stable basically.

In the last few months, Trish had mastered her character to a point where she was too good, meaning she was so much more charismatic than all the other women in the company that she outshined them. Put her with the men.

Then have Batista put her over at Survivor Series. The world demands to see Trish Stratus as the world champ going into Wrestlemania. Make it happen, WWE.

Guest Dazed

Following Loss' precedent for spoilers...

***SPOILER***

Hassan and Davari drafted. Another reason to watch Raw

That leads me to believe Jericho will be eating a pinfall from Cena at Vengeance before going to Smackdown, maybe finally giving Christian/Cena a singles match at Whatever-The-July-PPV-Is-Unless-The-Next-RAW-PPV-Is-Summerslam 2005. I asked Meltzer about it on WOL, and he seems to think they're going to keep the belt on Cena until after the movie comes out at least, which means he'll need some pre-HHH opponents to buy some time.