Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-03-06-WCW-Main Event] Steve Austin vs Brian Pillman

Loss

• 1 month later...

Gotta love Tony Schiavone's rant about manager's licenses early on. Dustin seconds Pillman, which prompts Larry to question if he has a license to be there.

Tony says, "Who issues them? The federal government?" and makes me laugh.

Good match, but if you watch their Clash match back to back with this, there are probably more similarities than there should be four months later, but I think this is a tighter match, probably just because they had been working together so much.

This gets thrown out when Col. Parker runs in, and Dustin runs in to beat him up.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why Dustin threw Parker inside the ring. He could have just beat him up outside the ring if he felt like. Decision ends up being a no contest so didn't cost Pillman a loss but still was pretty dumb to me. Good match for what it was. Too bad Schiavone wasn't doing commentary when Jesse regarding the manager licenses as Jesse would have went off on him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought this was a very disappointing rubber match after the first two bouts in their series. A lot of stall-o-rama in the early going, followed by restholds. This did get pretty gritty and nasty towards the end, before a cheapo finish. That said, this appears to be the start of the Dustin Rhodes-Col. Parker feud, something I'm greatly looking forward to.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-03-06-WCW-Main Event] Steve Austin vs Brian Pillman