Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-04-04-WWF-Raw] Heartbreak Hotel: Diesel

Loss

• 1 month later...

Shawn introduces the Heartbreak Hotel concept. I really thought he was doing it before this point, but I guess he wasn't. Shawn mentions that they aren't done with Razor Ramon just yet, and says Diesel would like to challenge Razor for the IC title.

• 3 weeks later...

I have also loved Vince’s little comments in these segments during pauses. Little stuff thrown in like “man Diesel is a monster” really sticks with me. This did seem like a little too cheesy and midcard for Shawn to be doing to be rising up the ranks. This concept would have been better equipped for when he was with Sherri.

• 2 months later...

I think everyone needs to re-watch this. The presentation...the setup....the outfits....the characters....the dialogue. Shawn is a male prostitute and Diesel is his 'management' (bodyguard/pimp). Razor was a recent customer who skipped out on the bill and the word is out on the street that Shawn/Diesel have gone soft. This is Shawn & Pimp back on the street making it clear that these transgressions will not go unpunished in an attempt to save face. Hey man, I'm not trying to juxtapose any subtext here. I just watched the segment and that's what he said.

With that in mind....hilarious.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-04-04-WWF-Raw] Heartbreak Hotel: Diesel