Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-04-26-ECW-TV] The Sandman and Tommy Cairo

Loss

• 1 month later...

Clip of Peaches whipping Sandman with a belt. The Sandman comes back and throws powder in Sal Bellomo's eyes and beats up Tommy Dreamer. Sandman makes a comeback, but Cairo cuts him off, and it's really unclear to me if Sandman is a babyface or heel at this point. Woman shows up and attacks Peaches, and I guess I have my answer. He pulls up Peaches' dress and Woman starts whipping Peaches until Cairo makes another save.

We cut back to Joey Styles interviewing Sandman. They hype a mixed tag match at ECW Arena.

I thought this was pretty bad and showed some logic holes in ECW not knowing their crowd because Style treat Peaches as getting retribution as a crowning achievement but the crowd erupts when Sandman goes after her. Not really interested in the mixed tag match.

• 1 year later...

Nobody with a gut like that should be calling themselves an "Ironman." Jesus, that was distracting.

Anyway, this was kind of ECW-by-numbers, and we've at least reached the point where I can say something like that. Sandman looks pretty much like we expect him to look now. I guess this is Woman's debut, as she helps the Sandman give a belt-lashing to Peaches. The post-match cuts off, but I believe this is leading to the first Singapore Cane Match. Younger viewers are going to be lost as to the significance of that stip but it was a dominant news story of the time.

• 3 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-04-26-ECW-TV] The Sandman and Tommy Cairo