Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-05-27-AAA-Triplemania II-C] El Hijo del Santo & Perro Aguayo & Mascara Sagrada & Lizmark vs Satanico & La Parka & Psicosis & Black Cat

Loss

• 2 months later...

As ... awkward ... as Mascara Sagrada is, he is the glue of this match. Because the rudos are all competing with each other to see who can make him look best. Psicosis does it by taking crazy bumps to the floor. Parka does it by feeding him comedy. Every exchange with him is weirdly intriguing.

The first fall is a pretty chaotic brawl, but things settle down a little in the second fall. Perro is SO over and looks good. La Parka/Lizmark exchanges are awesome too. Parka faking the groin shot after the tilt-a-whirl backbreaker was amusing. Rudo infighting with Satanico and Black Cat in the third fall was great. Black Cat gets triple-teamed in the post-match for his troubles. Post-match, Los Gringos Locos try getting involved, but are held off by Perro and friends.

I've noticed that you mostly get the same thing from Santo in these matches. He comes in, hits his spots, is never put in a position to look vulnerable and stays on the outside most of the time.

A little disjointed, but a superbly entertaining match that really captured the essence of this time period very well.

I thought this was a tornado rules match at first as lots of guys staying the ring for long periods of time. Referees werent doing much either. Finally clears out and as I type that the ring fills up again. Lizmark's hurricarana pin move is ridiculous as Santanico's shoulders would not be down continous for the three count. Funny visual though.

Great comedy spots by La Parka. He has got the timing down for that stuff. Third fall is a bit of a mess. Black Cat ends up getting beat down on by the rudos. There is also a stare down by the entrance ramp that I don't know enough about. Seems like Art Barr and pals wanted to crash the party but get cut off.

Psicosis and La Parka are outstanding in this. Psicosis bumps like a lunatic and La Parka is hilarious. Santo does do his somersault into a plancha sequence on La Parka which ruled. The rudo infighting was entertaining as well. I like this a good bit because it was so entertaining. Post-match shenanigans were great too. Fun stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be the only one but I vastly preferred this to the all star talent 8 man earlier. I thought Psic and La Parka looked significantly better here. Satanico and Perro doing some old man brawling in the second caida got me pumped up also. Santo was able to sell more and looked more vulnerable here than in the earlier tag too. In many ways this reminded me of the Michinoku Pro 6 man from 2/4 in that they mixed a lot of different styles here but each one was done effectively and the end result was a great match.

• 1 year later...

Yes, this blew the earlier 8-man out of the water. The first and final falls are chaotic, but not as much as the earlier match, and the second fall is utterly brilliant. Everyone gets a chance to show off what they can do, and the Parka-Lizmark comedy sequence is absolute gold. Not sure what prompted the Psicosis-Parka dust-up, but the other two rudos have a bigger one over who gets to pin Sagrada. That leads to their downfall, and Black Cat is triple-teamed into oblivion after the match. Meanwhile Los Gringos Locos and their magically-playing entrance music (was Pena ahead of his time or what?) come out to stare down the tecnicos to tremendous heat.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-05-27-AAA-Triplemania II-C] El Hijo del Santo & Perro Aguayo & Mascara Sagrada & Lizmark vs Satanico & La Parka & Psicosis & Black Cat