Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-05-28-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett vs Eddie Gilbert & Dream Machine

Loss

• 2 months later...

JIP 9 minutes in at Mid South Coliseum. Lawler and Jarrett are now teaming like nothing ever happened just a few weeks back. This is the worst booking year for Memphis so far, but this is a few minutes of good wrestling. Notable for Scott Bowden, at this time a referee, turning on Lawler, then rolling Gilbert on top of him for the pin.

• 2 weeks later...

If you block out of your mind how stupid it is for Jarrett and lawler to be best buds now the clips shown here are pretty heated and the heel ref bit doesn't seem completely overplayed at this point in time. I do wonder why they had Jarrett come in against Lawler in the first place and whether they changed their mind or what.

• 1 year later...

They actually tried to make this one work, storyline-wise. They played it that Dream Machine and Eddie Gilbert had been lying to Jarrett. They were claiming that Lawler had been knocking Jeff and prevented him from being at Monday Night Memories, etc. Plus, Marlin is Jeff's grandfather and Jeff was furious over Eddie getting beaten up so bad the previous Monday.

• 3 months later...

Weird dating on this, as this looks like the official Scott Bowden heel turn when he had appeared in the TV studio the week before. Maybe it was from the MSC show the week before and only aired this week. The visual of the fans pointing to Bowden and explaining what happened is a really good one. I have to point out that I thought Corey Macklin was really, really good at calling all of this.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-05-28-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett vs Eddie Gilbert & Dream Machine