Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-07-06-USWA-Mid-South Coliseum] Jerry Lawler vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Loss

• 2 months later...

Lawler with flashy looking tights. Bigelow doesn’t seem to be anywhere close to 400 pounds as advertised. Corey seems to have the microphone up his nose during his announcing. Long match as far as what is shown for USWA. Gilbert and Dream Machine interfere for the DQ. Christopher brings his Kendo stick to clear the ring. Finally someone is USWA who actually comes to the aid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I hate it when the announcer just randomly says shit because he has nothing else to say. Maclin would just yell random things for no apparent reason on this match.

"BIIIIIGELOOOOOW"

"THE BEEEEEEEEAST FROM THE EAST"

"YOOOOOOONIFIED WORL TITLE"

There's nothing wrong with a little silence every now and then to let the match itself get over. No need to fill up possible quiet parts by just randomly saying someone's name or nickname.

• 1 year later...

I didn't much care for this at all. I knew not to expect a redux of their famed Texas Death Match but this was pretty phoned-in by Bam Bam. The Memphis style that seemed so cutting-edge at the start of the decade in comparison to the Big Two has in fact changed by standing still. ECW has surpassed it as the under-the-radar promotion doing shit the national promotions weren't. Standard Memphis stalling and a standard, tired Memphis finish. I'm sure there will be enjoyable stuff to come, as the promotion is filled with enough good talkers that almost any issue can seem compelling, but the USWA seems content to just be going through the motions. Let me know when SMW invades.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-07-06-USWA-Mid-South Coliseum] Jerry Lawler vs Bam Bam Bigelow