Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-08-06-USWA-TV] Sid Vicious and Jeff Gaylord

Loss

• 2 months later...

Sid Vicious and Spike Huber do a number on TD Steele and Edrick Hines. Holding down two black jobbers and whipping them with a belt in 1994 -- the USWA was a real progressive territory. Jeff Gaylord comes out to play the hero and takes a beating. Gaylord does a stretcher job. As good as it sounds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must say I am loving Sid in USWA so far. He is being presented as a monster and whiile his promos are never going to be groundbreaking, this is the best ones he has done in my opinion. I wish Gaylord hadn't been talking and moving his hands so much to get over the angle more.

• 1 year later...

Spike Huber is juiced to the gills here, to the point of absurdity. Yeah, the use of black jobbers in this is probably something that should have been avoided. Gaylord is his usual self but the injury angle itself is pretty well-done, and sold tremendously by Lance & Dave. Memphis was never a "big move" territory outside of the piledriver, so it feels fresh for a move like the spike power bomb being put over as deadly.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-08-06-USWA-TV] Sid Vicious and Jeff Gaylord