Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-08-30-ECW-TV] The Sandman vs Tommy Dreamer

Loss

• 2 months later...

Finish only. Sandman wins after Woman hits Dreamer with the cane. Wrestlers are out to protest and Todd Gordon offers to restart the match, but Dreamer says he'll take the shots, as he signed a contract. Woman tells Dreamer he doesn't have to go through this if he'll kiss her feet, but he tells her to kiss his ass. Dreamer's back looks nasty. This just keeps going and going and going and going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

His back is just tore apart. It's funny when people say "It sounds/looks bad but it doesn't really hurt." Looks like it hurt to me.

From experience, I can say with complete confidence that shots from kendo sticks really fucking hurt. I'd rather get clocked with a chair any day than ever get hit with with one of those goddamn sticks again.

• 1 year later...

Pretty terrible action, though I marked for Woman clocking Dreamer over the head with the cane at the finish. Tod Gordon wants to restart the match but Dreamer demands to take the 10 shots. This sure is drawn out. Woman is great here but there's not a lot of drama wondering if Dreamer is actually going to bow down to her. This seemed effective enough to get Dreamer over as a tough guy, I guess.

• 1 month later...

This has always been considered a landmark event in ECW history, and in Tommy's career, but this really doesn't feel like it. The blinding angle from later on feels like a much bigger deal. It goes on for far too long, and, as nice as Nancy is to look at here, listening to her same the shit over and over gets insufferable.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-08-30-ECW-TV] The Sandman vs Tommy Dreamer