Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-12-10-SMW-TV] Dirty White Boy & Mystery Opponent / Rock & Roll Express & Jim Cornette / Interview: Cactus Jack & Boots the Cat / Interview: The Gangstas

Loss

• 2 months later...

An agent from Los Angeles is insisting on his man getting a shot at the SMW Champion Dirty White Boy. They are not revealing who it is. Dirty White Boy will sign an open contract and give a shot to whoever it is.

We see a strategy session between Jim Cornette and Rock & Roll Express. It’s not very civil as Cornette wants Gibson/Morton to listen to him and how the way he wants them to wrestle. Gibson says something that I couldn’t understand. Cornette reminds us he wants the Rock & Roll Express to win and he gives his word of honor about no double cross.

Boo got upgraded from living in a dog house to the boiler room in the Candido’s apartment. Tammy is very evil here threatening to toss Boots in a sack and throw it a river. To save his cat, he must get rid of Cactus Jack. Tammy takes Boots away from Boo.

No more poems for a visibly upset Cactus. Feels he underestimated Candido at first. Puts over the upcoming falls count anywhere match. More intensity from Cactus and best promo so far in SMW for him.

New Jack advises the Rock & Roll Express to not trust Cornette. New Jack has really toned down his promos towards the end of the year. They don’t even do the disclaimer anymore.

Dirty White Boy has a mystery opponent from California coming in.

Next, we have a strategy session with the Rock & Roll Express and Cornette. Things are tense, as you'd expect. Big argument. Ross and Cornette still have the great chemistry they had a few years prior. Cornette vows once again not to turn on them, but Ross says he's bringing them out next week to try to talk them out of this whole arrangement with Cornette. Love the classic rock quotes.

Next up, Chris and Tammy want to prove that they don't treat Boo Bradley. They prove this by showing him comfortably living in a boiler room. Tammy takes the cat away from him. I don't think they made their point very well. Cactus says there will be no more poems, jokes or soliloquies. Cactus is great and is more serious. I like him in SMW. "Year after year, I'm starting to realize I'm not gonna get my two front teeth."

Finally, The Gangstas are out. New Jack was always good at saying controversial stuff with conviction, but now he's gotten really good at hyping matches.

• 1 month later...

SMW at this time has two high concept long term angles and while I am a lot more invested in the Cornette/Rock N Roll/Gangster angle, both are using each television show to advance the storyline and good promos are the result. Cornette and ross jabbing at each other is always fun .

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

An agent from California is calling SMW insisting that his client get a title shot at the Dirty White Boy. Ron West insists that this guy work his way up to the #1 spot, but DWB has turned back Jake Roberts and Terry Gordy and is fine signing an open contract. DWB has been in desperate need for a legitimate challenger since Jake left. I giggle involuntarily at Ross' closing, "Good luck, White Boy."

Cornette is still a full-fledged heel despite his new alignment. Chip Kessler narrates a video piece in front of door behind which is a bunch of shouting. Cornette is still confident, but Ross wants to talk Ricky & Robert out of this arrangement. Another great segment from Cornette, who is doing his damnedest with this late run to overtake New Jack for the Best Interview Award.

It's wintertime, so Boo Bradley has been updgraded from a cardboard box to Chris & Tammy's apartment building boiler room. Tammy will take Boo's cat until he runs Cactus Jack out of SMW, or else the cat takes a trip to the river. Cactus responds in chilling fashion, after having been taken to the limit by Candido the previous week.

New Jack is unabashedly proud of how much cheating the Gangstas do to hang onto the tag titles. The race-war aspect of this feud is pretty much gone, but New Jack is as effective of a talker as ever. We just saw the top 3 interviews of '94 back-to-back-to-back.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-12-10-SMW-TV] Dirty White Boy & Mystery Opponent / Rock & Roll Express & Jim Cornette / Interview: Cactus Jack & Boots the Cat / Interview: The Gangstas