Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlers You've Met

Mad Dog

I don't have much a list as I've only run into a couple at conventions. I don't really hang around at live shows trying to meet guys.

New Jack: He was wandering the crowd at an ECW house show in 2000. Was signing autographs for a few people.

Virgil: He was at Mid-Ohio Con about 4 years ago. Pretty funny guy. Though I wasn't in one of my more social moods so it turned into him asking me about wrestlers I liked and so forth.

Going to meet Hacksaw Jim Duggan next weekend at Origins. I'm pretty excited about it since he's been a favorite of mine for a long time.

I went to a UWF show in 1986 andhot DiBiase's and Terry Taylor's autograph. Later on in the show, DiBiase juiced and I soaked up the blood on a napkin. If anyone wants DiBiase's DNA, let me know.

I also too ka picture of the UWF belt on the announcing table and Jim Ross was a complete ass.

Jim Cornette -- Was every bit as animated as you'd expect, and a super nice guy. I was in line for an autograph at Axxess before Wrestlemania X-7 and everyone else was freaking out about HHH/Austin/Jericho/etc all being out at the same time and I was like "Fuck them, I wanna get JIM CORNETTE to sign!" I got the nervous bug and got unusually quiet, which surprised me, as I never thought I'd get starstruck at all. Was also great when a fan was dressed like Hulk Hogan in line and Cornette looked at him and said, "WCW just closed and you're ALREADY looking for a job??" Great stuff.

Pat Patterson -- Part of the same event. I told him I had watched a lot of his footage on tape and really enjoyed it and he thanked me and that was that.

Lord Alfred Hays -- I almost didn't know who he was at first because he was wheelchair-bound and very quiet. He was all smiles though and seemed happy to be there.

Tony Garea -- I didn't really know what to say to him at all.

Bruce Pritchard/Brother Love -- From the same event. I came up at a GREAT time, as right before I was about to get my autograph, Cornette and Brother Love had a really big, animated worked argument for the web cameras that were covering the event. Loved it! Pritchard was wearing his rings and I made a note that he still had those "gifts from the Million Dollar Man". He laughed and smiled.

I was a total tool kind of in awe at the time, especially over Cornette. Other encounters have been brief and not really memorable, although I remember Cactus Jack getting a corndog from the vendor at a WCW house show I went to in 1992 and him politely saying, "Hi, how ya doing?" and my 12-year old ass being scared to death of him.

All-time live markout moment was seeing Tommy Rich in wrestling gear working the sound booth at a six-hour NWA TV taping I went to in 1989. He had a beer in one hand and there was peroxide nearby as well, which I didn't understand. After reading the sleaze thread at DVDVR, I wish I still didn't know the story behind that.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Razor Ramon. That's it. He was signing autographs a couple days after Summerslam '93 at our Best Buy (which was still new) before a TV taping in town. I got him to sign my WWF magazine with him on the cover and a B&W picture sheet they were selling there. I think my mom was in more awe than I. She did always have a thing for him.

Guest Flyboy

I kinda met Shane Helms. It was at a WCW house show and some people were hanging out in the back to get a glimpse of the wrestlers as they entered the building. Well, Shane Helms was about to go in and I was HUGE Helms fan at the time and just when he was about to go in I yelled out "SHANE HELMS!" (seems like I was the only one who knew who he was) and he gave me a thumbs up. The crowd of people went crazy when DDP entered, though. Whatever.

Also, I had a Bushwacker lick my face at some random indy house show.

That's about it.

"Jim Ross was a complete ass."

Explain please!

Well, when I asked if I could take a picture of the belt, he told me to get the hell out of there. I took the picture anyway. Then he gave me the look of death so I just walked off. It was a house show for chrissakes. There were a whopping 500 people there. The show started about two hours late because the ring had not arrived and we stuck around.

Off topic: Seeing the ring constructed was pretty neat. I cringe even more at back bumps because I have seen the wooden planks that areplaced under the mat. No wonder guys are scrwwing up thier bodies... just dropping on wooden planks night after night.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Did she dig the Tom Selleck look?

Posted Image

And has she seen him lately?

Posted Image

Nah, it was mostly the Razor Ramon character she got into. Dibiase and IRS were her other favorites.

I would love to hear some modern day Jim Ross stories. Imagine how much of a dick he must be today.

I was thinking the same thing. To think he was that much of an ass when he was relatively normal.

Guest Cam Chaos

Samoa Joe - IPW show at my local town hall.

Gran Naniwa, Tiger Mask 4, Doug Williams, Chris Daniels, Jodie Fleisch - UWA taping at Crystal Palace Sports Centre.

Going to meet Hacksaw Jim Duggan next weekend at Origins.  I'm pretty excited about it since he's been a favorite of mine for a long time.

What in the HELL is he doing at Origins?!

Is he a LARP'er? ... Dice Chucker? ... or Magic player?

Dammit. Makes me wish we were going there.

That is just really awesome to me.

I am in envy of you.

Hoenstly.

Guest Flyboy

That is just really awesome to me.

I am in envy of you.

Hoenstly.

It was gross and honoring at the same time.

Guest WidowsPeak

Did Lita try to fuck you within hours of meeting you? If so, did you feel a burning sensation afterwards?

More like minutes, actually. I told Lita that I wasn't interested in other men :lol:

Gail Kim, however, was an absolute sweetheart. And Benoit had the World title with him.