Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-05-05-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Nothing here that we haven't heard before from Lawler.

It seems to me like there were no Texas babyfaces other than Kerry that were programmed with Lawler. I'm sure there was a one-off or two with guys like Chris Adams, but all we've seen since Jarrett took over Dallas as far as programs go is Lawler/Kerry, with other Memphis-based guys like Jimmy Valiant and Bill Dundee (whom I still consider Memphis although he's mostly been in Dallas lately) filling in occasionally. I know that not everyone can be programmed with Lawler at once, but it doesn't seem like the Dallas guys ever really got their chance to work with him.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Jerry Lawler is in his robe and carrying the crown. He says that Kerry Von Erich has no shame whatsoever and obviously let his pride and self-dignity go down the drain years ago! He can’t even relate to a person like Kerry Von Erich. He can’t comprehend how a man like he thinks? He couldn’t find it anywhere inside of him to get up on Saturday morning, be standing at the door of Max Andrews with his tail between his legs, begging and pleading for another return match when he and Max both know that he doesn’t deserve one. That’s what Kerry Von Erich! Every time he comes to Dallas, to ‘the ultimate dump of the Earth’ the Sportatorium with its slummy dressing rooms, he leaves Kerry Von Erich lying flat on his back showing everyone the loser that he is. What does he do though? He gets up the next morning and begs for a rematch. Isn’t he embarrassed? Isn’t he ashamed? Doesn’t he realise how he let all his retarded fans down? They look up to him, but they see him fall at the hands of ‘The King’ every week and they get tired of it. He’s going to lose those fans. Already he’s started to notice that now people are chanting ‘King, King, King’ and that’s because everybody loves a winner and that’s exactly what he is. Kerry Von Erich is like everything else in Dallas, like the Dallas Cowboys, they’re all a bunch of losers and he’s the man that is going to keep it that way. This week he’s got another rematch and he can chalk up another loss!

I really like this, just something in Lawler’s delivery here. Customary running down of the Sportatorium obviously mind!

• GSR changed the title to [1990-05-05-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Jerry Lawler