Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-06-06-IWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I wonder if there was a tense conversation between Lawler & Marshall over Stagger Lee's burial of the king on AWA TV. I have a feeling that the first thing Lee said on sight was a weaselly "Verne told me to do it!" Lawler was probably like "oh, Lee. Didnt recognize you without the mustache. Grow it back you fat-faced, chronic masturbator looking fuck. Now, lets get these promos over with. Gawd, this backdrop is ugly."

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

It’s Lee Marshall! A very similar interview to one he’s done in the USWA talking about the Unified World title. All the other champions are just company champions and will only wrestle people in their own organization. He on the other hand is the Unified World champion, and that means that any wrestler from anywhere in the world can come in and take a shot at it. He’s open to all comers, will take on anyone and invites Marshall to name someone. Marshall reels off Kerry Von Erich, Steve ‘Gator’ Keirn and finally Brickhouse Brown, but ‘The King’ doesn’t seem overly keen on any of them and just says that they know his door is wide open and all they have to do is put their name on the dotted line and he’ll beat them 1-2-3.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-06-06-IWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler