Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-08-31-USWA Texas] Bill Dundee & Steven Dane vs Rock & Roll RPMs

Loss

• 2 months later...

I think Dundee may have pulled double duty, but the matches are out of order. It was really hard to figure all of the dates out. This was put on here to show Bill Dundee carrying three guys through comedy spots for 10+ minutes. Kind of a continuation of the spirit of the previous Lawler/Dundee tag. Rod Price runs in for a DQ for the second time in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, the NEW Rock 'n Roll RPMs. Somebody named "Silent But Deadly" Kevin Dillinger has replaced Tommy Lane and they're evidently running a Destruction Crew one-guy-talks-and-the-other-is-silent gimmick. I'm way too interested in obscure '80s tag team gimmicks. I giggle at Percy's declaration that Joe Pedicino is Ronnie P. Gossett's brother. This is basically every southern tag comedy spot ever invented all crammed into one match. Rod Price runs in and this time it's a DQ. Fun spot afterward as Dundee is working over Price in the corner and Dillinger comes flying in from outside of camera range, accidentally hitting Price and tumbling to the floor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dundee slick on the leapfrog/drop down spot of RPM’s run into each other. More comedy spots from Bill. This is setting up like the previous match but this time Dundee is ready for Price and avoids the elbow. RPMs physically don't look like they would be getting a call from WWF or WCW anytime soon.

• 4 months later...

Kevin Dillenger is former TBS job guy Alan Martin. He wasnt a bad talker in the few weeks in '89 that he was in Memphis. There he did a losing streak gimmick but also a world class athelete gimmick as well. You know, one week with golf clubs, one week with the bowling ball, one week with a football, talking up his amazing abilities in sport.

• 1 year later...

This one was kind of distracting to me. Craig mentions issues between the two teams, but doesn't specify, while Percy blathers on and on about Dane actually being someone named Steve Casey while Craig vigorously denies it. What's the story here?

The match itself is mostly Dundee making nitwits out of the RPM's, who only get a little token offense here and there. Bill even makes a chump out of their friend Rod Price, who does a run-in to cause a DQ, but ends up squashing one of the RPMs (I think it was Davis) once Bill moves out of the way. Dane/Casey didn't do anything offensive, but this was a one-man Dundee show.

The exchange between Craig and Percy about Joe Pedicino being Ronnie P. Gossett's brother was interesting. I know it's not true, but I'm wondering why Jarrett had Percy taking shots at a fellow heel. Had Ronnie P. done something wrong, or were they just trying to build heat for a Pringle/Gossett feud somewhere down the line?

The other interesting thing is the talk about the mixed tag cage match, with Percy being in the penalty box. I liked how Ak hired Percy's lawyers, and it's a wonder that Ak didn't inject himself into the Adams/Austin feud somehow, especially since Austin was ever so briefly a member of Devastation Inc. earlier in the year.

Craig's learning how to work with Percy really well, and he's developing his own style to the point where I don't miss Marc Lowrance as much as I did before. Too bad we only have another week of USWA Texas before the plug gets pulled by KTVT.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-08-31-USWA Texas] Bill Dundee & Steven Dane vs Rock & Roll RPMs