[1990-09-05-USWA-Evansville TV] Bill Dundee & Cowabunga local promo

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cowabunga may be the one bizarre gimmick Vince let get away. His promo writers must have been moonlighting with all the "shell" references. "Beat the shell out of you", indeed.

I hope Domino's enjoyed its free plug; if the Evansville show had any local pizza sponsors, I imagine they weren't too happy with Jarrett.

This wouldn't have been quite so absurd if Champion hadn't used his helium voice. How anyone could take anything delivered in such an obviously fake voice seriously, I'll never know in a million years. They should have just used Cowabunga as a mascot/greeter and let Champion wrestle as himself once the card started.

• 1 year later...

Bill Dundee tells Eddie Gilbert and the Dirty White Boy that they know exactly what they did last week when his friend Cowabunga beat them in the Battle Royale. All he did was go to the ring to make sure justice was done, but next thing he knows they’re attacking him from behind, busting his head open and running away with Cowabunga’s money. He’s never seen a mad turtle, but they’ve got him mad and this week he’s going to take it out on them. Cowabunga says that they stole $5,000 from him and that would buy a lot of Domino’s pizza! Not only did they hurt him, but they hurt ‘The Superstar’, his best friend in wrestling and the man who’s taken him under his wing and showed him the ropes! They’re coming for them, they’re going to beat the shell out of them and they’ll be shell shocked!

I’m pretty sure I saw ‘The Superstar’ smile as Cowabunga was cutting his promo here!

• GSR changed the title to [1990-09-05-USWA-Evansville TV] Bill Dundee & Cowabunga local promo