Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-11-03-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Bobby Heenan

Loss

• 3 months later...

Brother Love is still selling the DDT. He kills me in this because he's so funny. DO YOU SEE THE SINCERITY IN HIS EYES? Heenan is on an apology tour over the Boss Man insults. Really funny segment. SOOO over the top, both on the part of Heenan and Brother Love. They seem to be trying to top each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This is a well-done segment, but Brother Love should have been out of action for this taping, which would have been aired 11/3, 11/10, and 11/17. Then he could have returned (with a neckbrace, of course) to second Taker at Survivor Series. The Brain could have been a guest host and done this segment all by himself.

Honestly, Prichard screamed a little too much to be believable, both in terms of the segment and his own "injury"; Heenan showed much better fake emotion. The only thing missing was an "off-camera" moment with the two of them laughing about what suckers the audience (including Bossman and his mother, presumably) was, but I guess they wanted to portray Heenan as desperate to avoid his matches with Bossman and thus willing to be "sincere" as only he can be. I must admit seeing Bobby and Brother Love on their knees together made me smile.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-11-03-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Bobby Heenan