Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-01-19-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Paul E. Dangerously

Loss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a little more believable misogyny than the later Madusa feud which covered most of the same ground. Paul E. is aghast that women have invaded the last great American male domain--the workplace! I would suspect and fear that promos like this may have babyfaced Paul E. to the traditional wrestling fanbase.

• 3 weeks later...

Paul brings the man hate against the broads. Heyman gets music to his promo but doesn’t do any actual working out. He doesn’t like women invading the work place. WCW used Robocop last year so they should have used Al Bundy and No Ma’am this time around. I await Missy’s workout.

• 2 years later...

Typical gender baiting from Heyman. I love how earnest JR is here; he acts a bit disappointed that we didn't see Paul actually working out, as if he could.

Having read about Paul's mother being a survivor of the holocaust, I'd be willing to bet that this was a major acting job on his part. There's no conceivable way in my eyes that the off-camera Paul Heyman could feel the way the Paul E. Dangerously character does about women after what she had been through; she had to have taught him better, at least. I bring this up to praise Paul for the job he did here in making me forget this while I watched his antics on screen, which is an impressive feat under the circumstances.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-01-19-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Paul E. Dangerously