Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-02-09-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Sgt. Slaughter & Gen. Adnan

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that he's on top of the WWF, Sarge is actually showing off a bit of a smarmy cockiness about him. This is the birth of the "Slaughter Rules" run which I recall being far, far better than the conquering Iraqi hero shit. I wonder if this shift was developed out of good taste or out of the fact that the coalition offensive in the Persian Gulf was coming to an end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Slaughter was kick-ass during his Title run from Rumble to Mania...this may be his best promo...

Outside that, how many others in the US at that time can say they have a photo with Saddam smiling arm and arm with them and be allowed to travel around spreading the hate? Not many...Slaughter = WIN!!

J/K

• 1 year later...

Take away Adnan (who was useless anyway), add a little bit of extra old-man craziness, and you have classic heel Slaughter here, who was absolutely phenomenal both on the mic and in the ring. I'm glad Vince finally remembered most of what made Sarge the great heel he was in the early and mid-eighties, even if it was a little too late to completely redeem the whole Iraqi sympathizer routine, which would hang over him more or less for the rest of his career, even after he "came back" to America.

I don't think Piper was in the studio for this day of dubbing; you'll notice that even though Vince references him, he has nothing to say at all, which never happened during one of Sarge's promos.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-02-09-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Sgt. Slaughter & Gen. Adnan