Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-02-23-WCW-Power Hour] Danger Zone: Ron Simmons & Teddy Long

Loss

• 5 weeks later...

Teddy Long is so delightfully obnoxious in showing off his PWI Manager of the Year award. They are teasing a Simmons turn, as Long is talking about partying, "Soul Brother" Butch Reed is absent since he is deciding between a Mercedes and a Rolls Royce, and Simmons would rather talk business. The jobber he is scheduled to face jumps in, the match gets underway and we cut out.

• 4 weeks later...

Teddy's parading of the PWI Manager of the Year Award is getting to Owen Hart Slammy levels. I'm all for it, particularly since he'd have gotten my vote. Simmons brings up his college football credentials and is all about hard work and business, while Reed is out buying cars. The face turn is imminent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is all they built Simmons' turn on? Reed wasn't even there, for heaven's sake. If Dusty wants to push Simmons as a single because Reed wants to join the rodeo, fine. But at least give us more reason to care beyond one interview where Simmons brings up his college football career. We don't even get any cross words between Simmons and Peanuthead.

I hope the actual turn (which I'm checking out next) was better than the "buildup" to it.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-02-23-WCW-Power Hour] Danger Zone: Ron Simmons & Teddy Long