Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tenryu gets the leadoff match announcement! The man is the Forrest Gump of professional wrestling.

Hogan's promo, even while invoking POWs and Hussein and scud missiles, is really great and intense. Strong comments follow from Martel, Jake, and yes--the Warrior. I wonder if Warrior was reprimanded for his constant referrals to the "WWF championship belt."

• 3 weeks later...

Gene goes over the WrestleMania card as they announce some of the mid card matches. Tenryu/Kitao made for a strange team to make a WrestleMania appearance.

Hogan talks about prisoners of war in Persian Gulf. Hulk was the original missile defense program.

Gene announces the blindfold match for Roberts/Martel. The Model cries foul about stipulations since blindfold will cover his beautiful face.

Fourteen total matches for WrestleMania!

• 1 month later...

We get more fleshing out of the undercard for Mania.

The war analogies are a bit much but Hulk's promo has a lot of passion and I do want to see him beat up Slaughter.

Martel has let his hair grow out a bit and it looks weird. The Blindfold match is announced.

• 1 year later...

I don't ever recall seeing or hearing of Tenryu and Kitao teaming before. so they're certainly not world famous, at least not as a team.

Nice short promos from Jake and Martel here. This is a match and feud that's been overlooked so far in '91 on the Yearbook. Other than Martel complaining about the hood covering his face, there's no fat or filler in these promos at all.

Warrior's as low-key and articulate as he's going to get. Savage brings out his positive intensity in the same way that Hogan brought out his negative, crazy intensity last year.

I'm sorry, but I've had enough of the weapon analogies from Hogan. Can't he just say for once, "I'm gonna beat Slaughter to a pulp and take my belt back"? His delivery's good, especially considering the terrible material he has here, but comparing your arms to Patriot missiles is just more of the same horseshit that even Sarge was trying hard to get away from before the poster burning incident. There was a way to deliver the intended patriotic message without going too far off the deep end, but Hogan wasn't the man to do it. Quite frankly, I'm not sure such a man was on the roster at this time, or that Vince would have allowed him to be that subtle if he had been.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-02-23-WWF-Superstars] Wrestlemania VII Report