Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-04-WWF-Primetime Wrestling] Vince McMahon, Bobby Heenan and Paul Bearer

Loss

• 1 month later...

Vince has changed to another amazing outfit. Paul Bearer shows up in the Prime Time studio dressed in scrubs??? He starts pulling out random body parts, and Bobby Heenan suddenly vomits. Paul Bearer in scrubs, flanked by Vince McMahon in a lime green and zebra striped wind suit, ripping body parts out of a dummy. What the FUCK am I watching?

• 4 weeks later...

This is about as TNT as it gets without actually being TNT. Bearer demonstrates how to embalm a body, with the help of his special embalming fluid, which is in a nearby water cooler. Bearer enjoys removing various gunk being passed off as body parts. And then Heenan starts puking, which freaks out Bearer as it "defiles" his body.

Alfred Hayes is brought out as the second cadaver as Vince quizzes Bearer, if I understand correctly, about what to do if the body sprouts an erection during the process. Bearer reassures him that the casket covers up the waist. Holy shit, what am I watching? Bearer declares this body one of his masterpieces and rips out Alfred's sheet. "Alfred, for Christ's sake!"

I have no further words to describe this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of the weirdest segments in WWF history. Everything seems to be played ad lib style and its like a SNL sketch you cant believe you are witnessing. I really think this took a turn for the bizarre when Lord Al got wheeled out and they were talking about his penis.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I admit I got a few sick chuckles out of this, but it's really not suitable for viewing by children, which were ostensibly still the WWF's target audience. Between the "body parts" and Heenan's magical barf in Part 1 and the borderline necrophilic thrill Vince seemed to get out of Part 2, this was pretty disgusting. Knowing that the second "cadaver" was really a very much alive Lord Alfred made things a little better, but not much. Now we know what at least one of the inspirations for the infamous Katie Vick segment was, I suppose. Describing the embalming process verbally would have been quite sufficient, especially since Percy was a real-life expert on the subject.

Speaking of Percy, he was the MVP here, staying totally serious and in character despite all of the sophomoric bullshit going on around him. I like the almost-natural voice he uses here much more than the falsetto he permanently adopts later. He or whoever suggested it to him might have thought it made him sound scarier, but it actually sounded like someone had crawled inside his pants and stuck his privates in a vise. It was annoying when he used it occasionally in Dallas, and it's even worse in the WWF.

Best line goes to Heenan, when Percy shows him the first "cadaver's" heart: "I know Bret Hart, and that's about as close as I wanna get to this!"

This may have been a classic WWF skit, but in this case that's not a compliment.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-03-04-WWF-Primetime Wrestling] Vince McMahon, Bobby Heenan and Paul Bearer