Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-16-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jackie Fargo

Loss

• 1 month later...

Jackie Fargo has a few comments for Team Texas, while they show old photos of him. I like how the guy is presented as THE legend, but if Steve Keirn's recent history as a Fabulous One feuding with Lawler is completely forgotten, that's pretty ridiculous. I won't say it doesn't make sense, because even as a heel, Keirn was protective of Fargo. But Lawler hopefully comes up with some high quality bullshit reasoning in his interview.

I like how Fargo taught Keirn some stuff he never even learned himself!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've read that Jackie is in real bad shape. He might not make it this time.

I've never really thought about it, but if there was no Fargo, then obviously no Fabs. No Fabs means no Rock n Roll Express, Fantastics, RPMs and all those knock-offs. So no Rockers, which means Shawn Michaels' career would be so much different.

If no Fargo, then no Lawler. No Lawler means, really, no Jarrett Promotions as we knew it. No Memphis Wrestling would have meant I wouldnt have gotten addicted to this stuff at a really early age. I wonder what my Obsessive Nerdishnes would have been without wrestling. Probably, a Tarentino-esque Exploitation movie nerd. I would hope to be more like Joe Bob Briggs, but Im just not that cool.

If no Wrestling, then a lot of my lessons in life (from watching how people act, react, business ethics, art, etc..) wouldnt have sunk in. Wrestling has shaped me more than damn near anything really. Sad but true.

So Fargo kinda Grandfathered a lot of well...me, really. Even if he kinda aped Popeye...

When he does go, I hope he does the Famous Fargo Strut right through them Pearly Gates.

• 1 year later...

The old photos of Fargo were neat to see, and his promo was convincing enough, but I'm with Loss: Lawler better explain why he agreed to team with a man who just last month was trying to cripple him, and in fact piledrove him on the floor at WMC. Loyalty to Fargo is all well and good, but it's not going to be enough to sell this bill of goods. I'd have bought both Fabs coming back to fight the Texans with Lawler doing something else altogether a lot more easily.

By the way, where was Stan around this time? I know that he left Memphis with Corny, but had he caught on anywhere else yet?

• GSR changed the title to [1991-03-16-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jackie Fargo