Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-23-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 1 month later...

Lawler is out to just pat the territory on the back on having aired 400 TV shows. They mention that they are doing a special "tomorrow", which makes me wonder how they got those numbers. I'm also confused because 400 shows would be one show a week for approximately 8 years and they were airing on WMC-5 on a weekly basis long before 1983.

• 3 weeks later...

DID YOU KNOW?

Memphis Wrestling on WMC is the longest-running 90-minute weekly locally produced original-content episodic television entertainment show to have its 400th episode air in 1991?? More episodes than I Love Lucy, Gunsmoke, The Simpsons, Meet the Press, Cheers, the entire CSI franchise, and Turn-On combined.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice little puff piece here to celebrate and promote the 400th Jerry Lawler Show, which will air the following day on WMC. I've seen a few of these, and the Kingfish is surprisingly laid back, even when wrestlers he's feuding with are the guests, as they sometimes are. Plus, I've heard that he had quite a few non-wrestlers on the show and wasn't a bad serious interviewer, though I'm guessing that he wasn't exactly Mike Wallace or Phil Donahue either.

I liked the fan who had "400" shaved into his head to commemorate the occasion. Wasn't he in the Snowman's posse when his feud with Lawler was going on? I seem to remember someone who looked vaguely like him.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-03-23-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler