Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-23-USWA-Memphis TV] Steve Austin vs Bill Dundee / Interview: Bill Dundee

Loss

• 1 month later...

Clip of a match from Mid South Coliseum where Jamie Dundee interfered on Austin's behalf to give him the win. Dundee is pretty upset about this, but considering that he physically abused his son on live television, it's hard to argue that Jamie's behavior wasn't justified.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dundee was jabbing away in the ring. JC Ice gives the glove to Austin who uses it to win the match. Well at least he’s not using a chain but they really over do it with loaded fist/weapon type finishes. Dundee never said he was one of the biggest, maybe the cutest but not the biggest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm kind of surprised that Bill's tone toward Jamie isn't at least a little softer, but Bill's always been a fighting sort who doesn't particularly care who or eaht he fights as long as the scrap's good. They aren't putting father and son against each other just yet, though, because Bill wants to deal with Austin first. This should be quite the match, and yet another grand step in the education of the future Stone Cold.

I agree with Kevin that they do the loaded fist finish a little too often, but from a kayfabe perspective, chains (the most often-used weapon used to load a fist) are small, can be hidden easily, and are oh-so-effective when wrapped around the hand of a good puncher. Plus, this finish was specifically used to set up a coal miner's glove match, so I don't have as much of a problem with it as I would if it was just used to win a random match which wasn't set up to lead to a stip rematch.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-03-23-USWA-Memphis TV] Steve Austin vs Bill Dundee / Interview: Bill Dundee