ECW or WWECW

Matt D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet a WWECW comp could be made..

I think I am going to attempt this.

A part of me thinks the smart road to take would be to tie it in with Superstars.

Yes they are different shows and different things are going on with both in terms of over all presentation. But the key is that both shows were the "wrestling" shows where the undercard talent were given time to shine against each other (and occasionally against upper card talent).

Honestly, I think you could do two different comps.

There's enough stuff there.

It's up to Will but I like the idea of both. I don't think individually a Superstars comp would sell. Bundled with ECW? It's a nice addendum that I think could help move the set.

Beyond economics I also like it because Christian had some really good Superstars matches while carrying the mantle of WWECW. It's part of the narrative of his run which is one of the things a WWECW comp should capture.

There was also lotsa fun shit like the Miz/ Balls feud where Miz has Extreme Expose as his valets, and Kelly Kelly starts to fall for Balls Mahoney. That was a fun little storyline.

I was so disappointed when they just dropped the Balls/Kelly thing. That was one of the more fun things that ever happened on the show but then it was like they just decided to forget it ever happened.

One of my favourite, I guess underrated, or throwaway, ECW matches was between Primo Colon and the Miz, during the whole Colons Vs Miz and Morrison feud. There was also some good stuff during the Finlay Vs Hart Dynasty feud. The whole of the Regal/Christian title feud is great, culminating in the UK title match. That was the most I'd looked forward to a match in years. Around the same time, I remember Christian having a decent TV match against Paul Burchill, of all people, based totally around Christian coming into the match with an injured leg after being attacked on the entranceway. The pinnacle of WWECW may just be that Swagger tv title defence against Christian that Dylan mentioned above.