Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-05-18-WCW-Saturday Night] Dustin Rhodes and the York Foundation

Loss

• 2 months later...

Mr. Hughes intimidates Jim Ross into going to ringside so Alexandra York can offer Dustin Rhodes "the most lucrative contract in the history of the York Foundation--in fact, the most lucrative contract in the history of professional sports." Jesus, that line was absurd when Dusty was still clinging to it in the mid-'80s. That MAY have passed the smell test in 1975 when there was no such thing as free agency. Dustin and York basically say they're going to hook up in a hotel room as part of the negotiation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hughes intimidating JR into going to ringside was the best part of this. Terri can't talk for as long as she had to here without grating on the nerves, and even though I know Alexandra's supposed to be a demanding boss and all, most prospective bosses wait until after the contract's signed to order their new employees around. I guess the next step was either for Hughes to beat Dustin into submission or for Taylor to cock-a-doodle-doo into his ear until his brains turned to pudding. I hope he enjoyed his roll in the hay. I also wonder if anyone in the crowd knew that when he said "I'll be there", it simply meant that he was going home.

Seriously, when did Dustin and Terri hook up? Were they an item already by now?

• GSR changed the title to [1991-05-18-WCW-Saturday Night] Dustin Rhodes and the York Foundation