Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-10-19-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Eddie Marlin, Jeff Jarrett & Robert Fuller

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Marlin and Fuller are fine, but Jeff should be looking to do more than pin Embry; he should be looking to tear Embry's stinkin' head off, no ifs, ands, or buts. The man tried to kill your grandfather, Jeff. It's okay to threaten to do the same to him. The stuff about retiring if he doesn't pin Embry should add suspense, but think about it: Would Papa (or Pops, for that matter), even onscreen, honor such a stipulation when Jeff's fighting on his grandfather's behalf?

I like how Marlin admits that he could never take Embry one-on-one; all he wants is one punch in the mouth. I also liked Fuller trying to fire him up and make him sound like Superman. Fuller mentioning his own grandfather, who could "read the newspaper" on him even today, was another highlight. I hope that clips of this match made the set.

So Tony Falk had to take a job as Embry's driver, huh? Boy, when they say reffing in Memphis doesn't pay, they're not kidding! :D

• 2 years later...

I liked Marlin's promo a ton. He doesn't say he can still take Embry, but he just wants to punch him in the face, just once. Jeff's subdued promo is pretty good too and I think it works more because of Robert Fuller. He starts off on the same kind of note and works himself up into a frenzy. I have a bunch of Southeastern that I'm pretty sure Robert Fuller is pretty heavily featured on. Will definitely need to watch that.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-10-19-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Eddie Marlin, Jeff Jarrett & Robert Fuller